Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering Admits/Applicants

cbowen11

I only applied to MIT and Princeton (accepted!) for Mechanical Engineering, as the rest of my applications were to Applied Math programs. Looks like my chances of getting into MIT are steadily dropping... :P 

Still  waiting for Caltech and Stanford (Mechanical Engineering)

UCBerkeley (interview 1/22) - accepted (3/3)

MIT - rejected (3/3)

Caltech -?

Stanford -?

14 hours ago, sl said:

I applied to Berkeley, Stanford and UCLA for a M.S

Has anyone heard from these schools yet ?

Heard from Berkeley (applied MS given MEng) today and UCLA (accepted) ~2 weeks ago. 

12 hours ago, dvdngu said:

Heard from Berkeley (applied MS given MEng) today and UCLA (accepted) ~2 weeks ago. 

Should I assume rejection then ? :(

On 3/4/2016 at 8:55 AM, sl said:

Should I assume rejection then ? :(

Not yet! I met one person who got accepted to ME at Berkeley when I was at the UCLA visit day yesterday.

I applied to UMich's ME MS program in September. I am kinda concerned about not having been given a decision in the first wave of acceptances :(

Edited by Thief77steal

1 hour ago, shim12 said:

Survived MIT's rejection wave. Now what?

Yeah, me too. Are we on some sort of a wait-list? I have been rejected from Caltech, Harvard, Cornell, and Princeton. I cannot believe that MIT and Stanford (Energy Resources Engineering) have not rejected me just yet. Though, it's just a matter of time.

3 hours ago, omid13 said:

Yeah, me too. Are we on some sort of a wait-list? I have been rejected from Caltech, Harvard, Cornell, and Princeton. I cannot believe that MIT and Stanford (Energy Resources Engineering) have not rejected me just yet. Though, it's just a matter of time.

3 hours ago, ender wiggin said:

They'll get us soon enough, don't worry.

I suspect it's because we applied for external fellowships and they want to see if we can fund ourselves?

I have applied to several PhD programs (Biomechanical):

UWM (Wisconsin Milwaukee) > admission 

UW Seattle & U Minnesota Twin cities > rejection

UCI, UC, Utah, Iowa State, GWU, U Pitt >>still waiting, Has anyone heard back from those universities?? I'm kinda concerned about them. :(

hello guys i am international student. Applied for Mech MS program @ univ. of Cincinatti. but got an MENG slot there. would have preferred the thesis option. What do you guys think is an MEng program worthwhile?

On 3/18/2016 at 2:18 PM, dicapino said:

hello guys i am international student. Applied for Mech MS program @ univ. of Cincinatti. but got an MENG slot there. would have preferred the thesis option. What do you guys think is an MEng program worthwhile?

It really depends on your professional goals. If you intend to further apply for a PhD program, I believe your M.Eng degree won't make much of a difference. If you plan to work in a company after getting your M.Eng degree, I would say that it's possible that an M.S. degree would be more valued by companies, since during a M.Eng degree you're basically doing the same you did as an undergrad. I suggest you research about the different outcomes you'd have with the different degree options. I would also ask more people about it, since opinions may vary.

On 3/20/2016 at 5:52 PM, fernandes said:

It really depends on your professional goals. If you intend to further apply for a PhD program, I believe your M.Eng degree won't make much of a difference. If you plan to work in a company after getting your M.Eng degree, I would say that it's possible that an M.S. degree would be more valued by companies, since during a M.Eng degree you're basically doing the same you did as an undergrad. I suggest you research about the different outcomes you'd have with the different degree options. I would also ask more people about it, since opinions may vary.

Thanks. I would be taking my MS offer from some other school.

I accepted Northwestern's offer for a PhD! I am extremely satisfied with the school, surroundings and the advisor that interviewed me.

I've already turned down Virginia Tech's offer and will be turning down GaTech, Purdue, and UW-Madison (good luck to everyone waitlisted at these schools). Already been rejected from Cornell and UCB (I applied for MS here and they asked if I would like to join the MEng in Product Design instead but I said no). Still waiting to hear back from UMD, UT Austin, and Carnegie Mellon.

Edited by gobmistake