Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering Admits/Applicants

cbowen11

I am waiting for UC Berkeley, MIT, Caltech and Stanford (in mechanical engineering)

So far nothing.

When will I know anything?

Edited by seniorsf

On 2/14/2016 at 5:07 PM, seniorsf said:

I am waiting for UC Berkeley, MIT, Caltech and Stanford (in mechanical engineering)

So far nothing.

When will I know anything?

Not sure but like shim12 said, i think they did most of their mechanical acceptances for MIT already. For you aero/astro MIT applicants, it looks like maybe next week we will hear back. They pretty consistently send acceptances the final week of Feb, on Monday, and rejections later that week.

Still  waiting for UC Berkeley, MIT, Caltech and Stanford

All schools sent already acceptance letters

I didn't get anything. I am waiting now for rejection.

UCBerkeley (interview 1/22) -?

MIT -?

Caltech -?

Stanford -?

Edited by seniorsf

5 hours ago, seniorsf said:

Still  waiting for UC Berkeley, MIT, Caltech and Stanford

All schools sent already acceptance letters

I didn't get anything. I am waiting now for rejection.

UCBerkeley (interview 1/22) -?

MIT -?

Caltech -?

Stanford -?

You interviewed at Berkeley?

There might still be hope for some of those schools! Good luck man.

Edited by shim12

10 hours ago, cbowen11 said:

Guess MIT is a no go. Too bad, pretty confusing when people with 3.0 gpa and a 316 GRE get accepted. Experience is great and all, but those stats are pathetic.

The initial application receipt email stated that admissions would be sent out on a rolling basis beginning in March. I'm not sure how that compares to previous years but there's hope that admits will be sent out in waves even if there was a small batch a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, psychomugs said:

The initial application receipt email stated that admissions would be sent out on a rolling basis beginning in March. I'm not sure how that compares to previous years but there's hope that admits will be sent out in waves even if there was a small batch a couple of weeks ago.

I'm talking about the Aero/Astro

I have applied to several PhD programs and a MS program and I'm also still waiting on responses.

Schools in which I applied to the PhD program: North Carolina State University, Rice University, UMD (College Park), Duke University, Princeton University, Northwestern University, Florida State University and Texas A&M University (College Station).

Schools in which I applied to the MS program: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

Legend: Approved - Interviewed - Waiting - Declined

4 hours ago, bashorunGaa said:

Yeah, got official acceptance email from department (with TA assistantship), and from graduate school via email on February 8.

Just received funding information today, but thanks!

Edited by shim12

@dvdngu

(Sorry about MIT), I see that you've been accepted to UCLA where I have been accepted as well, have you heard anything on funding? Or do you know anything about how or when those decisions are to be made?

5 hours ago, MechE2016 said:

@dvdngu

(Sorry about MIT), I see that you've been accepted to UCLA where I have been accepted as well, have you heard anything on funding? Or do you know anything about how or when those decisions are to be made?

No word on funding. Simply said they will contact me with funding info if i applied.No idea when that normally is )=

After some confusing rejections, still waiting to hear from UMichigan/UWashington (PhD) and UCLA/Purdue (MS), all of them aerospace. I've already seen some admits, maybe some of them could share some stats or info about the admittances.