YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

21 hours ago, theresamei said:

Apologies, don't mean to use "worse" in its "worse ways" (if that makes sense) but more so to paint an exaggerated picture for those who are wait listed. But I agree with you a 100% as you depicted what I was meaning to say.

Congratulations on your acceptance, nonetheless! 

Thanks. I'm still mystified about the process. Looking back, I submitted work that I would be uncomfortable submitting now, even if it's just been a few months.

20 hours ago, rexkingiv said:

Thank you guys for the profound comments! I just realized how amazing it is I even got an interview invitation despite having my artist statement written entirely with Comic Sans lmao. (It's correlated to my aesthetic, though. One of my submitted works is titled "COMIC SANS IS THE NEW GOTHAM" lol.)

Also, @MSMSMS, I know this is a long shot, but is your name referring to SOPHIE (an electronic music producer from UK)?

Haha, it's not, it's just my initials repeated three times (I made my account in a hurry the night before I interviewed). I'd like to see some of your work if you have it online!

13 hours ago, Alment said:

did anyone get any financial info yet? 

I'm sooo stoked but finding it hard to be too happy without knowing the whole situation! 

Nothing yet – they said 2 weeks though

Edited by frenchy

On 2/16/2016 at 0:37 AM, palmtrees said:

Hi Bee,

Thank you for the inquiry. I got into CSM and Wimbledon (they interviewed me this afternoon and it went well. The program director said she would recommend the school to give me an offer, so I guess I'm in.)

Hi palmtress,

I have been offered a place at both CSM and Wimbledon so confused between the two,have you decided on which one yet? 

On 3/15/2016 at 4:31 PM, MSMSMS said:

Thanks. I'm still mystified about the process. Looking back, I submitted work that I would be uncomfortable submitting now, even if it's just been a few months.

Nah, don't be uncomfortable! Keep those always on deck. There are many gems hidden in old work. Something you thought of then, may be super brilliant for a future project. Enjoy the process and the process of execution rather than the end results. Keep spewing out the "bad/corny" ideas out till you reach a golden one. 

4 hours ago, trapnado said:

Got the financial packet just now

me too, wow its kind of amazing!  I think I have to call them though and make sure they have everything because my mom's info is a little trickier and i think she forgot to submit info on a house that she is paying off loans on in needaccess.  also her 2015 return wasn't available, but still i don't think it can't change that drastically.  

Looks like I'm definitely able to go!!  Honestly I would have paid whatever though ;)

Trapnado are you still deciding?  Come to Yale! 

Edited by Alment

I haven't received my package yet. Hopefully soon. It was Yale or bust for me. I visited Columbia numerous times but the facilities are their demise. Everything seems outdated and tiny. It's a great program though. Congrats to their incoming class but Yale serves my interests much better.