Jump to content

Urgent! Advice needed


Recommended Posts

I have been in regular contact with a professor at UIUC who's pretty positive about me and also stated that he'd nominate me for a fellowship. He then mails me telling that I will receive my offer letter soon and that I have to revert back by Feb starting. I am pretty chuffed about this but at the same time I do not want to miss out on getting into other colleges who I've applied to and whose results would come later. So what do I do? Any help would be appreciated :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you haven't received an offer yet... and he's asking you to respond by February ? Is UIUC in the council of graduate schools? If this is a funded offer, you should ask if there is a reason he's asking you to ask earlier than the CGS deadline.  If the fellowship has that deadline, then you may have a decision on your hands. If its a RA/TA offer, you might ask one of your professors what you should do. To me this is a red flag: if there is no funding reason for the February deadline it might mean this professor has very little confidence in attracting students of his choice. 

Edited by GeoDUDE!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.