Philosophy Admissions Blog

sidevans

Some of you may remember me from last year - Ian Faircloud and I ran the Philosophy Admissions blog in order to create predictions and keep track of information regarding the release of admissions information.

Many people seemed to find the blog a helpful resource while trying to navigate the admissions process. But since I'm now in a PhD program, I don't have the kind of time that I did last year to maintain the blog and keep up with the daily updates in February and March. It would be unfortunate, though, for that to mean that this year's applicants don't have access to the kinds of resources that such a blog provides.

What Ian and I are looking for, then, is someone involved in the admissions process this year who would be willing to take over operating the blog - at least at the day-to-day level. (Ian and I are both happy to continue to provide whatever advice and support time allows us.) The job primarily involved doing the amount of checking of results and releases that I was going to be doing anyway, but with the added benefit of helping out some fellow philosophers. So it wasn't much extra cost (though there was some work involved at points, such as with creating predictions for the various schools), and gave me a welcome outlet for my obsessiveness with respect to philosophy admissions.

If anyone is interested in having this kind of editorial role on the blog, please let me know by replying or messaging me.

Best of luck to everyone applying this year!