2016 Admissions General

localfdr

The forum has been surprisingly quiet, which scares me a bit :). Last year, a thread, which accomodated all the applicants waiting for their decisions and constantly refreshing their e-mail, was already active. This thread serves the same purpose.

Last year UW biostats had already sent out results for many people. I am getting impatient :(.

On 14 January 2016 at 0:51 AM, stats_monte said:

Just saw on the results search that someone got a admission letter from NC State. I'm a little worried now :(

The acceptances to domestic students have been sent out. However, NC State hasn't yet sent it to the international students!

On January 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM, localfdr said:

It seems like Chicago & Harvard Stats have also started sending out acceptances. 

Do you think they send out acceptances throughout a period of time or at the same time? 

I know Chicago considers applicants in batches, but it seems like Harvard sends out all admission letters just in one day (I'm just speculating based on the results from the previous years). 

46 minutes ago, stats_monte said:

Do you think they send out acceptances throughout a period of time or at the same time? 

I know Chicago considers applicants in batches, but it seems like Harvard sends out all admission letters just in one day (I'm just speculating based on the results from the previous years). 

Yeah Chicago definitely does it in batches (i.e. I have not lost hope yet!) , also to quote from their FAQ: 

"We consider applications in batches. For example, one week we may consider all the applicants who are interested in a particular specialty or who are from a particular part of the world. We release decisions throughout February and March. If you have not received a decision from us, we are still considering your application."

I do not really know about Harvard Stats since I have not applied there. At least it seems like they send a big batch of their admission letters simultaneously.

33 minutes ago, localfdr said:

Yeah Chicago definitely does it in batches (i.e. I have not lost hope yet!) , also to quote from their FAQ: 

"We consider applications in batches. For example, one week we may consider all the applicants who are interested in a particular specialty or who are from a particular part of the world. We release decisions throughout February and March. If you have not received a decision from us, we are still considering your application."

I do not really know about Harvard Stats since I have not applied there. At least it seems like they send a big batch of their admission letters simultaneously.

Yeah also someone was rejected from Chicago (based on the GradCafe) so we should still just wait for the result! 

And same here, I don't really know what's the deal with Harvard Stats. But I wasn't hoping to get in to begin with :)

So you are applying to both biostats and stats?

5 minutes ago, stats_monte said:

Yeah also someone was rejected from Chicago (based on the GradCafe) so we should still just wait for the result! 

And same here, I don't really know what's the deal with Harvard Stats. But I wasn't hoping to get in to begin with :)

So you are applying to both biostats and stats?

Yes, to both. Though for schools which have both biostats and stats departments I applied only to biostats. Are you applying only to stats?