Has anyone applied to the Canadian phd programs?

waitingandwaitingandwaitin

• 3 weeks later...

On February 4, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Esei_John said:

I applied U of Toronto religious studies. I've heard they're gonna notify their official decision next monday. Good luck !

I also applied to Toronto and heard nothing back. Has anyone heard so far? 

UToronto RS has notified their first round of applicants with baseline funding. They notified via phone on a Friday a couple weeks ago, and said they would follow up with a more formal email/letter on the next Monday (which is what Essei_John was probably referring to). That's all I know, not sure about timetable for decisions, wait-list, etc. other than that some people have been notified of acceptance. To my knowledge, no schools from Toronto School of Theology have notified anyone yet. 

Source: Toronto M* Student and PhD. applicant. 

1 hour ago, ladyoflight17 said:

I also applied to Toronto and heard nothing back. Has anyone heard so far? 

I've got an official rejection mail from the Dept. yesterday. I saw someone's posting on informal acceptance notification via phone(in the middle of last week) and formal acceptance  via phone(yesterday). Her/his subfield was exactly same as mine, and was also an  international applicant, so I emailed to the office of UT and they confirmed my rejection via email.   

24 minutes ago, Esei_John said:

I've got an official rejection mail from the Dept. yesterday. I saw someone's posting on informal acceptance notification via phone(in the middle of last week) and formal acceptance  via phone(yesterday). Her/his subfield was exactly same as mine, and was also an  international applicant, so I emailed to the office of UT and they confirmed my rejection via email.   

Thanks for Esei_John. I guess that it's most likely a rejection for me as well. It seems that all accepted candidates were emailed or called individually. I wish they would at least send a generic email to all rejected applicants and put us out of our misery... 

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else waiting to hear from mcgill religious studies? the wait is starting to drive me crazy.  i've thought about emailing the faculty administrative assistant or my poi about when I might hear something but am not sure what the etiquette is.  any thoughts?

3 hours ago, nihilofGodhead said:

anyone else waiting to hear from mcgill religious studies? the wait is starting to drive me crazy.  i've thought about emailing the faculty administrative assistant or my poi about when I might hear something but am not sure what the etiquette is.  any thoughts?

I don't think there is no harm in asking :)  I would just politely email them.

thanks @waitingandwaitingandwaitin I emailed my poi yesterday.  i've been accepted.  the poi said the mcgill online system should have told my i was accepted last night, but still says 'in review' as of today.  good luck to you!

1 hour ago, nihilofGodhead said:

thanks @waitingandwaitingandwaitin I emailed my poi yesterday.  i've been accepted.  the poi said the mcgill online system should have told my i was accepted last night, but still says 'in review' as of today.  good luck to you!

Congratulations!! I am still waiting to hear from UBC religious studies.  I expect I still have one or two more weeks left to hear the result but I don't hear from them I will probably email them as well :)

I applied to UoT, Mcgill and UBC.

I was accepted to McGill with highest funding, but have not heard from the other two as of yet.

I've been rejected from UofT before and am not eager to repeat the process.

2 hours ago, NotForsaken said:

I was accepted to McGill with highest funding, but have not heard from the other two as of yet.

Heads up to everyone. I just emailed UofT and they told me that they sent out their first round of acceptances and that I wasn't accepted. Bad news for us who haven't heard from them :(

2 hours ago, NotForsaken said:

Congratulations on your acceptance to McGill!  I am still waiting to hear from UBC too. So did you apply for the UBC phd 'religious' program, may I ask?

Edited by waitingandwaitingandwaitin

20 hours ago, waitingandwaitingandwaitin said:

Congratulations on your acceptance to McGill!  I am still waiting to hear from UBC too. So did you apply for the UBC phd 'religious' program, may I ask?

Yes I did, in the field of Religions of the Late Antique Mediterranean specifically. I haven't heard a peep from them, which is unusual, but I also haven't heard of anyone else hearing anything else from them either, so I'm not worried. 

To be honest, I doubt I'll accept them even if they accept me, so I'm not worried

9 minutes ago, NotForsaken said:

Yes I did, in the field of Religions of the Late Antique Mediterranean specifically. I haven't heard a peep from them, which is unusual, but I also haven't heard of anyone else hearing anything else from them either, so I'm not worried. 

To be honest, I doubt I'll accept them even if they accept me, so I'm not worried

Thank you, NotForsaken.   I applied to UBC religious studies program in the area of Early Judaism and early Christianity.  I live in Vancouver and I only intend to attend UBC if they accept me.  I am very nervous!

20 hours ago, waitingandwaitingandwaitin said:

I saw the result page today and according to the person who posted it, the decision email has gone out last night already and some will be going out today.  Has anyone received the email from UBC CNERS department?

I have not received an e-mail from them, a fact which is greatly irritating me. Though the post in question was for the Master's program

11 minutes ago, ladyoflight17 said:

Hey guys, I just got an email from the Graduate Director at Toronto letting me know that I've been waitlisted. If you haven't heard yet, keep the hope alive! 

Congrats. I'm still waiting for UT religion (which is a presumed/expected rejection) and their NELC program.