Conferences?

I'm a first year M.A. student in medieval literature. I hope to apply to PhD programs in the fall, and I want to get some experience presenting at conferences. What are some good conferences for grad students? I'm looking for both medieval and interdisciplinary conferences. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a first year M.A. student in medieval literature. I hope to apply to PhD programs in the fall, and I want to get some experience presenting at conferences. What are some good conferences for grad students? I'm looking for both medieval and interdisciplinary conferences. Thanks!

Hello Plasticastle,

UPenn does indeed have the best CFP (call for papers) website—it’s a great place to start.

While this hasn't been officially released yet, University of Rhode Island will have its fourth annual graduate student conference on April 24, 2010. The conference is “Carried Across: Translations, Temporalities, and Trajectories.” If you decide to come, do consider contacting Kathleen Davis--our wonderful medievalist (formerly teaching at Princeton)--to try to meet her in person when you come. You'd also be rather close to Storrs CT (which, I've heard, has a strong program for medievalists as well). Look for the URI CFP to be posted shortly.

Best,

JAMG

• 2 years later...

...UPenn does indeed have the best CFP (call for papers) website—it’s a great place to start...

A long time ago I said that UPenn had the best CFP website, but the more I used it the less I liked it. So I built a better CFP website:

Check it out!

JAMG

Edited by JustAnotherModernGuy