Tell me why!

katpillow

12 hours ago, SLPgradstudent said:

Also, you can't do anything with just a psychology undergrad.  I had to go back to grad school for something if I wanted to make a living!

Ah, well it's a fantastic trajectory to be on. Good luck with your apps!

This will hopefully be my second round of graduate school. I loved everything about my MA program (at least in retrospect) but grew more and more discontent with the work I did afterwards. I miss the culture of learning I found in higher education! Now I know that's where I feel most at home. The obvious choice is to go back and hopefully never leave again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm switching fields / careers from IT to Architecture (The building kind, not computer architecture!!) and will need an M.ARCH to do that. However, more broadly I also want a design degree. I've come to find IT too mundane. I do hope that I can leverage my IT background though. My dream is to design cutting edge office spaces for start-ups and technology companies. Can't wait to have a business card says Computer Architect & (Building) Architect. ;)

Good luck to everyone! Hard to believe we'll be finding out in a matter of weeks how much our lives will be changing!

I got into public policy field because I want to bring my science background and interests into policy making process. I also love to think about practical solutions that science couldn't satisfy me. I worked as an environmental consultant/researcher for awhile but ran into some regulations that I think didn't make sense. However, what really pushed me to pursue a PhD in public policy is my love for teaching, I really hope someday I could inspire my students to be holistic problem solvers. I kinda feel like I'm being selfish for not exploring other career choice or "get out of school and get a real job" (according to my parents), but I just know this is what I want to do.