MSW - SJSU Fall 2016

HopflSW

That's awesome! Congratulations @MSW2k16 

Just like @lbalt92 I'm curious about your stats..if you don't mind 

I'm still waiting, I put I was interested in both online and campus based. I hope we hear from them soon.

I called today and asked when everyone would officially find out if they were      accepted or not and was told early April. Really anxious about it and I'm wondering if they do a wait list or if we can appeal if it comes down to it.

Oh, okay. No, I don't mind sharing at all. Let's see:

GPA 3.5

Applied to Aging Concentration Campus only

2 year experience working in a social services agency for the elderly

Also I'm Bilingual in Spanish :P 

I hope you all hear back soon!

I called a while back just to confirm they had received all my application info and the gentleman told me I should be hearing end of March/early April as well. Let's see what happens.

By your info @MSW2k16I'm assuming they are giving priority to everyone with great GPA's and statements. I could be wrong. Thank you for the info! It's very helpful :) 

I have over 4 yrs of experience in mental health but I'm certain my GPA is playing a huge factor especially when compared to some of you here. I'm still hopeful though. 

Yea, it would be my last 60 units. It's not as competitive as the others. But I've read in other forums about others getting in even without a stellar GPA. So there is still hope for us! Let's stay positive 

Yah mine is above their required, but not competitive. Honestly, it's the only school I applied to so I am not opposed to trying to appeal if I don't get in. Plus those go do get in won't all attend so definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

It is also the only school I applied to, kinda wishing I applied elsewhere too. I wouldn't know how to appeal but it's not a bad idea. Most likely they will only let us appeal our grades. Let's hope we don't have to though!

Um, nah! Not willing to be THAT much in debt. With reluctance I put I was willing to do the online program at SJSU. Although that online program is def competitive when it comes to pricing. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, MSW2k16 said:

Hi! I've been reading the posts on this thread since January, but I got my acceptance on Saturday! So excited to be starting at SJSU in the fall!

Hi :) How did you get the acceptance? mail or email?

2 hours ago, seaotter said:

Hi there - has anyone else heard from SJSU?

I also received a financial aid message but I think it may be automated :/

Hello,

I haven't heard anything yet. Not sure about financial since I didn't get message. Maybe it's a god sign for you :)

I called in Friday and was told that if I don't hear by end of March to give them a call back. Seems like they are trying to admit everyone by end of month.