MSW - SJSU Fall 2016

HopflSW

40 minutes ago, lbalt92 said:

Yah I called today too and they said the same! @Mesanta did you fill out a financial aid app? That might be why too! Little more waiting :)

I don't remember filling out a financial aid app... I have to admit I'm getting a little anxious. I just want to know if I got in or not already! 

Maybe that's why you didn't get the email. Oh I'm anxious too but I spent last week mentally preparing for not getting in. I just want to know because it doesn't seem like many people are posting acceptances. 

42 minutes ago, lbalt92 said:

Maybe that's why you didn't get the email. Oh I'm anxious too but I spent last week mentally preparing for not getting in. I just want to know because it doesn't seem like many people are posting acceptances. 

I hear you, I've been doing the same thing :) but you never know we might be surprised. I noticed previous yrs there has been more posts. It would've been nice to know who got accepted and their stats. 

On 3/22/2016 at 6:37 PM, lbalt92 said:

Oh I'm anxious too but I spent last week mentally preparing for not getting in. I just want to know because it doesn't seem like many people are posting acceptances. 

I totally did the same thing :(  I've been trying to stop looking at the forum cause I noticed it actually makes me more anxious to know, but I can't lol I will make sure to post when I get a reply back whether it's a acceptance/denial, hopefully an acceptance :D 

I mean we have to hear back soon. I think they sent out their first batch of acceptances like a week and a half ago and gave them two weeks to respond. So I think once they get a number going of how many people want to attend and how many decline then they will send out the next round of acceptances. 

Hello! Does anyone know about funding at SJSU? I'm still waiting to hear back about my application, but was curious about how often students get scholarships for the MSW program. Any info would be great! I'm leaning towards UCLA, but they aren't sending out official financial aid packages until July :/

Edited by MargaretSG

10 minutes ago, seaotter said:

HI EVERYONE!!!! 15 MINUTES AGO I GOT A RESPONSE AND GUESS WHAT???? I GOT ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM STILL CRYING IN DISBELIEF!!!!!

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations! So happy for you :) what program? If you don't mind me asking 

2 minutes ago, seaotter said:

I HAVE A 3.8 GPA, 3000 HOURS OF EXPERIENCE AND I APPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN & FAMILIES PROGRAM :)

Thank you!! How exciting for you ?Did you get into campus based program? 

40 minutes ago, seaotter said:

HI EVERYONE!!!! 15 MINUTES AGO I GOT A RESPONSE AND GUESS WHAT???? I GOT ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM STILL CRYING IN DISBELIEF!!!!!

Congratulations!!  That is so exciting :)

Congrats!! Seems like they are rolling out a set of acceptances today.. What concentration? 

And thank you, I'm keeping my hopes up! 

8 minutes ago, LoveMSW2016 said:

Hi Everyone, I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, this is my first time posting. I just received an acceptance notice from SJSU less than an hour ago. 

Good luck to you all!!!

2 minutes ago, lbalt92 said:

I still have not heard back. I applied for a concentration in school social work. Anyone know if they do a waitlist?

When I called last Friday, there is no waiting list.. But not really sure how their whole process works