2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

2 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

I should say though, I'm rooting for you to get in at literally every place that you've applied so as to increase the conditional probability of your turning down Penn! :)

She just did get into every place, check out her signature! 

5 minutes ago, AgentScully said:

That is true, I have still to hear back from 9 places (3/4 of which I will likely withdraw from), though I am presuming a rejection from UCLA.

Whatever happens with UCLA, you're clearly killing it.

4 minutes ago, frege-bombs said:

Tomorrow is the UNC v. Duke men's basketball game. Maybe watch the game, see if you find yourself rooting for one team or the other, and use that to decide between the two? 

Down year for Duke.

1 minute ago, frege-bombs said:

Tomorrow is the UNC v. Duke men's basketball game. Maybe watch the game, see if you find yourself rooting for one team or the other, and use that to decide between the two? 

This sounds like a good idea. Since anyone who roots for Duke is obviously a moral monster, this should lead you to the proper choice of UNC. 

1 minute ago, dgswaim said:

Whatever happens with UCLA, you're clearly killing it.

Thanks, coming to this forum has been strangely comforting through this process. For those of you who don't know me (ahem, all of you), my levels of self-doubt could put Hamlet to shame...

2 minutes ago, AgentScully said:

Thanks, coming to this forum has been strangely comforting through this process. For those of you who don't know me (ahem, all of you), my levels of self-doubt could put Hamlet to shame...

i haven't heard anything from 7 of the 8 places i applied (one rejection, one other presumed). I feel like i haven't even really applied. This forum drives me nuts, i don't know why i keep visiting. You're in a great position. clearly you are doing really well so....... no more self doubt! 

1 minute ago, Another applicant said:

Hi all,

I've been hiding in the shadows, but with all of the recent fakes I wanted to come out and claim one of the USC acceptances. I'm extremely excited!!

Good luck to everyone!!

An excellent reason to enter the light. Congratulations, that's amazing!

1 minute ago, Another applicant said:

Hi all,

I've been hiding in the shadows, but with all of the recent fakes I wanted to come out and claim one of the USC acceptances. I'm extremely excited!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Yay! Congrats!

Re: UCLA, if you haven't received a phone call, I wouldn't lose hope, since I was told it's a rolling admissions system - not exactly sure what that means, but it might mean that they haven't notified waitlisted folks, and will just accept them later on depending on what happens with their first round of accepted people. 

9 minutes ago, sneakysombrero said:

Re: UCLA, if you haven't received a phone call, I wouldn't lose hope, since I was told it's a rolling admissions system - not exactly sure what that means, but it might mean that they haven't notified waitlisted folks, and will just accept them later on depending on what happens with their first round of accepted people. 

*lassos hope with a frayed rope of optimism, wrestles it into a barren stable of possibility, feeds it the sweet hay of fantasy*

UCLA pls

Edited by gughok

Not a 'big deal' post here, but I just recieved an email acceptance from the University of Guelph for their Masters program. I am very happy to attend there, but I'm also excited to see how my other apps go. So far 1a/0w/0r out of 6.

There is also a Ph.D. acceptence announced, so I get the feeling they are sending out all the emails now.

3 minutes ago, Lyzl said:

Not a 'big deal' post here, but I just recieved an email acceptance from the University of Guelph for their Masters program. I am very happy to attend there, but I'm also excited to see how my other apps go. So far 1a/0w/0r out of 6.

There is also a Ph.D. acceptence announced, so I get the feeling they are sending out all the emails now.

congrats! it IS a big deal

18 minutes ago, torpedofish said:

Congrats! And me too!

Oh my goodness. I had blocked all internet access to prevent myself from refreshing my email but had to check on a HW assignment and then this!!!! :)

Any word on whether the emails were personalized or sent by an actual person? If it was just a standard message from the application system, I'll stop freaking out and just go drink. If it was from an actual person and addressed to you personally, I'll still cling to my hopes and dreams and continue to freak out.