Why is my CSDCAS Cummulative GPA drastically low?

41 minutes ago, Hope2bSLP said:

It is extremely low compared to my last 60 hours or CSD classes.. Anyone know why? My university transcript says my cummulative GPA is different. 

I'm not sure why your cumulative GPA would be different from the one that CSDCAS calculates, unless certain classes just don't count towards your degree.   Or unless your cumulative GPA on your university transcript includes your most recent semester, with grades that didn't post in time for submission to CSDCAS.

PS: Where did you even find your cumulative GPA for CSDCAS?   Do they email it to you once you have been verified? My transcripts were verified today but I don't see any kind of section dealing with my cumulative GPA. 

Mine was lower too, by about 0.15 point if I recall correctly.  It can be seen by viewing your completed application.  It opens in a PDF and somewhere in the 10+ pages it is listed.

I retook a couple classes.  I am guessing it computed both the lower grade and the latest grade, not just the latest grade.

Wait koalaover1 how do high school credits effect my gpa? And I also have noticed a pretty large decrease in my gpa. I hope schools know csdcas lowers our gpas for repeat classes and such

22 hours ago, Slp123* said:

Wait koalaover1 how do high school credits effect my gpa? And I also have noticed a pretty large decrease in my gpa. I hope schools know csdcas lowers our gpas for repeat classes and such

If u took college or university level classes in highschool CSDCAS counts them towards your undergrad... God knows why 

16 hours ago, OverCaffeinated said:

If u took college or university level classes in highschool CSDCAS counts them towards your undergrad... God knows why 

Yeah, it's a real bummer! I took these classes before I knew what I even wanted to do (I wanted to be a teacher at that time but I wasn't sure), so I aimed for B's (they were college credit calculus and chemistry, and I got a B in both) but I got A's in my other ones I took!   And all we needed to do to get the credit was get a C in the class because we paid for it, and it was supposed to show up as an A. I mean, I was 16 and 17 taking these classes so I didn't delve into it as much as I should have ) :( I hope that schools can look past that, but I doubt it.... ughhh. But they could figure it because after first semester of freshman year I had 41 credits. At least they can see it was my "freshman" year of college, right?! 

50 minutes ago, koalalover1 said:

Yeah, it's a real bummer! I took these classes before I knew what I even wanted to do (I wanted to be a teacher at that time but I wasn't sure), so I aimed for B's (they were college credit calculus and chemistry, and I got a B in both) but I got A's in my other ones I took!   And all we needed to do to get the credit was get a C in the class because we paid for it, and it was supposed to show up as an A. I mean, I was 16 and 17 taking these classes so I didn't delve into it as much as I should have ) :( I hope that schools can look past that, but I doubt it.... ughhh. But they could figure it because after first semester of freshman year I had 41 credits. At least they can see it was my "freshman" year of college, right?! 

yeah, my hope is that they will be able to see the low grades werent recent or not even in the last 60, and that at least shows you/me/everyone got their life together at this point :rolleyes: