Computer Science PhD admission results for Fall/07?

Well, it looks like UC -Irvine sent out a big batch of rejection emails (mine was one of them). Still no word from USC, but I don't really care at this point, b/c I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to UCSB.

I was one of the UCI rejects as well, but I'm still hopeful about USC. You should tell them you're not interested in case you're ahead of me on the waiting list :-). I'm still hopeful about IU though. I'm very interested in going there as well, hopefully they'll take me!

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed USC and they wrote back with a really short email saying that I had been rejected. All of my interactions with that department give me the impression of a very bureaucratic and impersonal place, which is totally different from my experience with UCSB. I'm very happy with my choice to go UCSB! :D

PhD Computer Science

UMD-College Park: accepted on April 13th ($18K/year for 2 years) [i am assuming that someone declined their admission offer and that offer went to me]

Gatech: accepted on March 3rd ($19K/year)

UNC-Chapel Hill: accepted on March 1st ($25K/year)

UC Riverside: Got a strange email from one of their profs in the grad admin committee saying that they now have funds available to support me for the first two years. He said I should email them back if I am interested. $1500/month for 9 months. I had been rejected back in March.

Rejected: UW Seattle, WUSTL, UCSB, Columbia, UCLA.