Advice needed: Acceptance given before interview

rabbitfeet

Hi, I need some advice about whether I handled this situation poorly. Without revealing too much sensitive information, I was notified a few days ago by my POI from PhD program at school A that the faculty had their official meeting about applicants and that it was decided then that I will receive an offer for admission. The research match is almost perfect, but still have not heard anything regarding an interview from school B (and have learned from the threads here that they have not yet even sent interview invitations out). They are both very solid choices and a great fit for me. My POI from school A asked me to let her know when I was sure of my decision (yes or no) because she has other students on a waitlist. I told her how happy I was  about the acceptance etc. and that her program was also my top choice, but I still had another application whose decision i was waiting on (for formality's sake). Does that come off as disrespectful? I don't know the etiquette for this type of situation and if it was rude, how can I redeem myself? I'm having a minor meltdown as other people have told me that I should not have said anything about another school and I came off as ungrateful. HELP. 

1 hour ago, iphi said:

That is perfectly acceptable behavior. Do not worry in the slightest.

I agree.

What you said was cordial. If your POI get's upset about it, maybe that's something telling about their personality. I didn't think you did anything unacceptable, at any rate.