NYU - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

19 hours ago, BrendonSW said:

My application was submitted January 8th and completed the 16th. I applied for advanced standing. Some who submitted the 8th have heard back. I'm very anxious about this one! 

Thanks Brendon. I think I won't hear back from the admissions until a month from now or until April. I am one of those extended-deadline applicants.

Edited by Opt4theBest

28 minutes ago, nymsw said:

I applied 12/23. It was frustrating/nerve-racking to see that someone who applied after me has been accepted. I've been obsessively checking my email. 

Do you know if NYU has rolling admission? 

29 minutes ago, Opt4theBest said:

Do you know if NYU has rolling admission? 

They do. They say they'll tell you within 4 to 8 weeks, but from reading posts from last year, a lot of people heard sooner than that. 

Just now, nymsw said:

They do. They say they'll tell you within 4 to 8 weeks, but from reading posts from last year, a lot of people heard sooner than that. 

That's awesome! I wish you good luck and let us know when you hear from them. :)

The wait is painful. Luckily, I got accepted to Univ. of Michigan but NYU is my top choice and this wait pains me. I noticed a few people already got accepted. One got accepted one week after submitting and the other was accepted two weeks after submitting. Super fast notice, so here's hoping to sometime this week or next! 

8 hours ago, nymsw said:

I got in! I woke up in the middle of the night and it was there. Still waiting on financial aid/scholarship info. 

Do you mind telling us what letter  your last name begins with? My friend and I applied at the same time and she got in last night. I'm wondering if it's possible that because her name starts with an N and mine starts with a R if they go in order of alphabet by last name or if it's just random but I haven't heard yet. Does any one else know if that's the case? Thanks!

2 hours ago, MSW768 said:

Do you mind telling us what letter  your last name begins with? My friend and I applied at the same time and she got in last night. I'm wondering if it's possible that because her name starts with an N and mine starts with a R if they go in order of alphabet by last name or if it's just random but I haven't heard yet. Does any one else know if that's the case? Thanks!

My last name starts with an A, so I'm not sure if that would be the case. It all seems kind of random, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Got my acceptance last night! Honestly can't say how happy I am, they were my top choice.

If it helps, my last name starts with an M, so the likelihood of it running by last name is unlikely, I would think. Honestly it probably is random.

19 hours ago, nymsw said:

I submitted my application on 12/23, and I applied to the two-year full time program.

Hey nymsw, may I ask if you got your financial aid info back? I know I'll need to submit my FAFSA (which I have), but did you need to do anything else?

18 minutes ago, BrendonSW said:

@tudor3x8 Congrats on the acceptance! Hopefully they offer you a good financial aid package. 

Also, isn't it weird that NYU has been notifying people super late at night or very early in the morning? It's odd!

Thank you! I sent them an email this morning, but honestly I think I'm going to call them during lunch today to get a faster response.

And yes, they sent the email at 9:30 PM last night. Not sure if someone is just working early/late or if it's an automated response?

@tudor3x8 Definitely not a bad idea. Most people have been receiving their package the day after they receive their acceptance. Good luck! 

I'd say it's automated. One person received theirs at 11 pm and someone else got theirs at 6 am. Strangest thing.