NYU - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

1 minute ago, mimi6321 said:

Hi there. Just chiming in to say that I, too, am eagerly waiting an admission decision from NYU. 

I finished my application on the due date (Jan. 29) and a couple of my checkboxes (for previous transcripts) still have not been checked off, even though all materials were submitted at the same time. 

I'm worried but trying to stay calm. Huge congratulations to everyone who has gotten in… Super exciting!

It happened to me as well. It freaked me out when I saw pending materials on my checklist. I then decided to email the admissions and ask if they can find the missing documents and sent them the screenshots from the application page (not Albert) and then the next day, my checklist was updated accordingly. My advice to you is to reach out to them and get them to confirm that they receive everything because otherwise your application won't get evaluated (not until all materials are submitted). 

I applied on Jan 28th and my application was completed on 29th on Albert and I have not heard anything from them after since.

8 minutes ago, Opt4theBest said:

It happened to me as well. It freaked me out when I saw pending materials on my checklist. I then decided to email the admissions and ask if they can find the missing documents and sent them the screenshots from the application page (not Albert) and then the next day, my checklist was updated accordingly. My advice to you is to reach out to them and get them to confirm that they receive everything because otherwise your application won't get evaluated (not until all materials are submitted). 

I applied on Jan 28th and my application was completed on 29th on Albert and I have not heard anything from them after since.

So smart of you to take screenshots! I should have done that. I just emailed them and hope to hear back soon. Thanks for the advice.

First time posting! Super excited to announce that acceptance letters are on their way! I applied near the application deadline in early January and found out this morning of my acceptance for fall 2016 admission. 

Congrats to all applicants who got the good news :D 

Good luck to all who are waiting. *high fives* 

19 minutes ago, JMSW_16 said:

First time posting! Super excited to announce that acceptance letters are on their way! I applied near the application deadline in early January and found out this morning of my acceptance for fall 2016 admission. 

Congrats to all applicants who got the good news :D 

Good luck to all who are waiting. *high fives* 

Congrats! I'm expecting to hear from the School by next Thursday as I have received the email "Welcome from the Dean" this morning. Many people said they received their acceptance letter a week after they received this email.

5 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

Congrats! I'm expecting to hear from the School by next Thursday as I have received the email "Welcome from the Dean" this morning. Many people said they received their acceptance letter a week after they received this email.

I have received over 5 emails with the same message (spanning over the past month) but I have not received any answer yet... Has anyone had this?

6 hours ago, bruchlet said:

I have received over 5 emails with the same message (spanning over the past month) but I have not received any answer yet... Has anyone had this?

Yes same exact thing! And each time I think it's going to be the decision letter. So frustrating

1 hour ago, aramirez said:

For those people who have been accepted... Do you know if when they give you a scholarship upon reviewing your application, if they renew it the second year? 

They said mine is renewable each year.

5 hours ago, MSW768 said:

Yes same exact thing! And each time I think it's going to be the decision letter. So frustrating

Ah I'm so happy that someone understands this frustration... I feel like all I want is a decision!.. I looked through some forums from last year (Fall 2015) and saw that many people did not get their acceptance letters until APRIL!!! :( I'm a bag of nervvveessss.....

Edited by bruchlet

1 hour ago, Dannie820 said:

My application was submitted Jan. 7th, still haven't heard back! Feeling a bit anxious especially since others are hearing back:wacko:

Mine was submitted the same day! It's very unnerving. I hope we both hear soon

18 hours ago, tudor3x8 said:

They said mine is renewable each year.

@tudor3x8 did they state so in your award email? They sent me a follow up email stating "By now you should have received an email awarding you a scholarship. Please note that the amount listed is the TOTAL for the academic year, which includes both the fall and spring semesters. This award is not per semester...etc.." I am wondering if it is renewable? 

@aramirez My scholarship letter stated for the academic year but had no information on it being renewable. I am however an advanced standing student so I will only be attending for a year. I would call financial aid and see if it is per year for the whole time you are in the MSW program.  

21 hours ago, aramirez said:

@tudor3x8 did they state so in your award email? They sent me a follow up email stating "By now you should have received an email awarding you a scholarship. Please note that the amount listed is the TOTAL for the academic year, which includes both the fall and spring semesters. This award is not per semester...etc.." I am wondering if it is renewable? 

Not in the award email. I contacted the financial aid department directly, and they told me that it is renewable as long as I remain a full-time student in good standing. I would contact them to confirm though- I'd assume it's the same for us all, but I'm not positive.

On 2/19/2016 at 9:35 AM, Dannie820 said:

My application was submitted Jan. 7th, still haven't heard back! Feeling a bit anxious especially since others are hearing back:wacko:

Any updates on your end?

56 minutes ago, rlauren said:

I applied on the extended deadline and I'm still waiting to hear back.  I got the letter from the dean last week so hopefully I'll get a decision sometime soon.   

When did you receive the Welcome from the Dean email? I also applied during the extended deadline period and just received the same email last Thursday.

Edited by Opt4theBest

5 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

And one minute ago, I received this:  Visit NYU Silver School of Social Work

:(:( I almost had a heart attack!

Lol I know exactly what you mean!... Altogether, I have received over 11 of these emails, about scholarships and financial aid, welcome from the Dean, etc... I am really starting to get worried :( Who else is still waiting?...

@rlauren Thank you, I unfortunately am reaching my deadline for NYU and still waiting on Columbia. In the end I am leaning more towards NYU anyway but it will suck to lose the $300 if I decide Columbia. I swear this process has been so stressful. 

3 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

When did you receive the Welcome from the Dean email? I also applied during the extended deadline period and just received the same email last Thursday.

I got it last thursday too!