Good afternoon, fellow potential journos.

Chel

Afternoon,

I'm Chel, and the first thing I have to say is a quick confession - I'm not planning to go to grad school! Rather, I come to absorb knowledge, perhaps seek advice, and hopefully strike up a few conversations with like-minded folks. If I'm unwelcome here because of my lack of interest in formal education, feel free to direct me somewhere else. 

Take two. I'm Chel. I'm an independent music journalist, fresh to the industry, hoping to be published by a publication outwith my own shortly. I also have several (music) book ideas circulating my mind, although they're all quite grand-scheme projects, and I'd need advances for them to be able to afford the research and travel, which no decent publisher would give to somebody with no experience in books. 

My pieces focus on iconic figures in the music industry, but also on resurrecting the work of brilliant yet forgotten artists - my most recent published piece was on the band responsible for Britain's first independently-released punk LP, and a heavy influence, lyrically and stylistically, on, amongst others, Joy Division, the Manic Street Preachers, and Echo and the Bunnymen; however, time has passed them by. (The Outsiders - the LP in question is "Calling on Youth".) 

Er. I'm not certain where to take this post from here without shamefully plugging my work. So - over and out from Chel. If you have any interest in my work, or would like to co-author or sub-edit for an independent music website, don't hesitate to get in contact. :)