Interview Day - A few questions

Fallen

I received an invite to interview day for the Dep. of Medical Biophysics at the University of Toronto. I had a few questions: 

1) The email invite said that my application was reviewed positively by the admission committee and that I will be having "informal" interviews with investigators that are recruiting for the fall term - is this to say that my acceptance to the department is more or less decided, assuming I can find 3 supervisors (department does rotations) 

2) What sort of questions should I be asking investigators during interviews? There are a few that I've thought of, but I was hoping for some advice in that department 

2b) Is it weird if I write down the answer to the questions I ask and other information I receive throughout the day? It is an 8-10 hour day (and I may be asked to return the next day) and I'd like to keep all important information organized. 

3) I also get a chance to meet current students - is there anything in particular that I should be asking them? 

Thanks!

On 1/31/2016 at 1:57 PM, Fallen said:

I received an invite to interview day for the Dep. of Medical Biophysics at the University of Toronto. I had a few questions: 

1) The email invite said that my application was reviewed positively by the admission committee and that I will be having "informal" interviews with investigators that are recruiting for the fall term - is this to say that my acceptance to the department is more or less decided, assuming I can find 3 supervisors (department does rotations) 

My gut is that you still have work to do and that you should not take this as admission into the program. Last week I got accepted into the University of Toronto Biochemistry program and they came right out and said "you're accepted as long as you can find supervisors, this is how much you get paid, etc". Mind you this is a different department.

11 hours ago, ecneicS said:

My gut is that you still have work to do and that you should not take this as admission into the program. Last week I got accepted into the University of Toronto Biochemistry program and they came right out and said "you're accepted as long as you can find supervisors, this is how much you get paid, etc". Mind you this is a different department.

Hey, congrats on the acceptance. I considered applying to biochem, but decided against it last minute. It looks like an awesome program!