How can I get fundings? Help!

s1u8n

I'm sure similar questions have been asked before, but I'm a total newbie, so please help.

I just got an admission from USC and I can't afford it. I applied for TA, RA and fellowships but I didn't hear anything. Do schools send out admission and funding packages at the same time? How does financial aid work, do I fill out my FAFSA after I decide which school I want to go? how do I get the $$$ for expensive private institutions? help!

You fill out your FAFSA no matter what. Then you can list schools to send the information to.

When I was accepted into USC last year, I was trying to figure out the same thing. I sent in my FAFSA form and all I got was a loan from them. I ended up not attending and reapplying this year because it was way too expensive for me to attend.

You should try looking at external fellowships and scholarships. There's a thread that lists a few you can apply to (assuming you qualify).

• 1 month later...