Hi all! I hadn't seen a thread started for Cal State Fullerton MSW 2016 applicants, so I thought I'd create one! This is the only school I applied to this year, as it's affordable and closest to where I live. I applied to the 2-year full-time program with a concentration in child welfare! Comment here when you hear back!

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, arnoldgold said:

I received an email from the Admissions Coordinator in February and had my interview with them on 03/01/2016. Now I just have to wait, which is the absolute worst!

When did you submit your application?

On 2/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, MollyKate said:

Hi all! I hadn't seen a thread started for Cal State Fullerton MSW 2016 applicants, so I thought I'd create one! This is the only school I applied to this year, as it's affordable and closest to where I live. I applied to the 2-year full-time program with a concentration in child welfare! Comment here when you hear back!

I see you applied 1/30/16 and already heard back for an interview. I applied on 1/28/16 so guessing it's probably going to be a no for me :/

6 minutes ago, redtaz said:

When did you submit your application?

I received my confirmation receipt on 1/12/2016. i dont recall when i submitted the application

Edited by arnoldgold

ugh. Hate to be such moaning Myrtle , but has anyone heard from csuf? I know thte deadline for them to make students aware of their status is May 15 but my best friend heard from CSUF MSW program a week after his interview in 2015. Anyone have a similar experience this year?

On 3/7/2016 at 9:34 AM, arnoldgold said:

ugh. Hate to be such moaning Myrtle , but has anyone heard from csuf? I know thte deadline for them to make students aware of their status is May 15 but my best friend heard from CSUF MSW program a week after his interview in 2015. Anyone have a similar experience this year?

I haven't seen anyone post that they are accepted -- just hearing back about interviews!

On 3/7/2016 at 0:06 AM, Adpres said:

Hey arnoldgold would you mind posting your stats?

Also does anyone know the average gpa for people accepted to the CSUF MSW program?

Sure.

I graduated from CSULB 2015 with A 3.6 GPA

Have 2 years working with developmentally disabled population

currently working as a case manager with parolees with severe and persistent mental illness (this is my six month employed)

worked for two semesters as a teaching assistant on campus.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide my most recent correspondence from the admissions committee. I received an email on 3/18/16 congratulating me on being accepted to the Social Work Program!! I swear i spent hours checking my email and titan portal hoping to see a change in my status and it finally changed!  It still has not hit me that I will be attending Grad school in August. Still keeping my fingers crossed for those who have interviews coming up and those still waiting for their interview dates. 

Hello,

I am also waiting on a reply from csuf and it is killing me.  I'm going through such an emotional roller coaster haha!  I checked my portal a few days ago and got excited because it says accept/decline.  I jumped into conclusion and assumed I had been accepted only to find out that my application is under department review :( Ugh, this wait is horrible!  I applied 1/28 and interviewed 3/15.

Still haven't heard anything back, but I guess  no news is good news?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have yet to receive an email or snail mail being accepted. However, I had my interview on 3/23. I also have been checking my portal for the accept/decline option. When I checked it yesterday, it said that they were not accepting online decisions yet. When I checked this afternoon, it gave me the option to accept and I also paid the $250 deposit. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Hi guys, I have my interview tomorrow with CSUF. Any last minute pointers? What kind of questions did you ask them in return? What should I expect?

Anything would be an immense help, I think I'm really freaking out lol

9 hours ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

Hi guys, I have my interview tomorrow with CSUF. Any last minute pointers? What kind of questions did you ask them in return? What should I expect?

Anything would be an immense help, I think I'm really freaking out lol

Hi! They made the interview much more comfortable than I expected. Thy asked why social work, why my concentration, and pretty much just explained the schedule. Also, they asked about time management. They want to hear that the program is your main focus. I told them that I was not planning on working because I knew it was not very realistic with the rigorous program. They seemed very happy to hear this. I also asked them what each of their favorite aspect about the program was and if they found us our field placement.

Anyway,

best of luck! You'll do great, I'm sure :)

5 hours ago, Csufmsw said:

Hi! They made the interview much more comfortable than I expected. Thy asked why social work, why my concentration, and pretty much just explained the schedule. Also, they asked about time management. They want to hear that the program is your main focus. I told them that I was not planning on working because I knew it was not very realistic with the rigorous program. They seemed very happy to hear this. I also asked them what each of their favorite aspect about the program was and if they found us our field placement.

Anyway,

best of luck! You'll do great, I'm sure :)

Thank you so much! This really did help me. They covered most of the same questions on my end and it was much more relaxed than I was expecting. Fingers crossed to hear back soon :)

I have applied for the 3-year part-time program as well. I had my interview on 4/7/16 and now I am just waiting for a response from them. I hope I got into the program! :) 

I have a question for those of you already in the MSW program at Fullerton or happen to know.  What is your schedule like? I know the internship is 16 hours a week, what about class? How many days a week do you attend class and what hours? I'm applied for the MSW flex program?