Advice Needed ASAP: Should I change my test date?

Angelicasassy

OK, I am supposed to take the test on Monday for applications due 12/15.

I think I can change the test date for $50 (but tomorrow would be the last day). My sample scores are all over the place and not yet at the 1200 score.

I did the Princeton Review hard practice set today and did not do well, which makes me think I am not in a good place to take the test right now. However, do I really have time to change the test date? I still have to write all my sop's, clean up my writing sample and do applications.

I would have all day fri, sat and sun to cram (I am a good crammer) but not sure if I just give myself more time. Any advice would be helpful! I am freaking myself out BIG time here!

OK, I am supposed to take the test on Monday for applications due 12/15.

I think I can change the test date for $50 (but tomorrow would be the last day). My sample scores are all over the place and not yet at the 1200 score.

I did the Princeton Review hard practice set today and did not do well, which makes me think I am not in a good place to take the test right now. However, do I really have time to change the test date? I still have to write all my sop's, clean up my writing sample and do applications.

I would have all day fri, sat and sun to cram (I am a good crammer) but not sure if I just give myself more time. Any advice would be helpful! I am freaking myself out BIG time here!

I suppose it boils down to a few things:

1) How much time would you give yourself between now and the time you would take the GRE if you rescheduled?

2) When are apps due? Would you make it in time?

3) How much more do you think you could improve your score within that amount of time?

if your apps are due Dec. 15, which I know some history programs are even due the 1st, I don't think you're gonna have enough time to get all of the stuff done. Better cram for the next few days and take it on monday than risk missing deadlines.

Don't change it... You're already up against a wall with only having a month in between the test date and the due date, anything less than this and you're inching closer to possible disaster considering ETS's inability to be timely. Also, you will likely feel just as panicked and unprepared even if you push it back a little bit. At most you can only afford to buy yourself a couple more days, you spend 50 dollars, and you risk your scores showing up lateĀ®. Just use the days you have to cram- you'd be surprised what you can learn and retain in a short time. Sometimes its even better that way, because it all stays fresh in your mind.

Yeah, I just don't think it will be doable if I postpone the test. I just have so much more to do.

I guess I am just freaking myself out. Big, deep, calm breaths Angelica!! haha.

I guess its time to buckle down now. Hopefully, I will be reporting happy news come Monday afternoon.

Yeah, I just don't think it will be doable if I postpone the test. I just have so much more to do.

I guess I am just freaking myself out. Big, deep, calm breaths Angelica!! haha.

I guess its time to buckle down now. Hopefully, I will be reporting happy news come Monday afternoon.

Just calm down!! You'll be fine, but make sure you try to take the practice test ETS sends you.

If they don't send it, download it from here: https://onyx.ets.org/423powerprepTestTakers.htm

Edited by joro