NYU Journalism

Elle Vagabonde

17 hours ago, Elle Vagabonde said:

Hi guys,

I've been going crazy waiting for a decision and I have scoured grad café / the net  for any info.  Has anyone heard from NYU?

5 hours ago, vacancies said:

@Elle Vagabonde

Hi there, 

I also applied to NYU's Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. I have not received any official decision from them yet, but I will let you know if I do.

Hang in there! 

= ] 

My brother applied to NYU for MS in Journalism and he has received an unofficial accept from the graduate programs director, like 1 week ago. I guess they are rolling out the admissions. Hope you guys get in :) 

@Nirvik

Thanks Nirvik! Best of luck to you, as well. I did receive a promising letter from the director of the program I applied to in January, so I am with hope. Would you mind sharing what program or concentration your brother applied to, if any? = ]

Hi, I applied to NYU for MA in Business and Economic Reporting, had a skype interview with the Director and one of the Professors of the program and it was promising. But I haven't received any letters as such, should I be worried? I am freaking out a little.

Also @Nirvik what program did your brother apply to?

10 hours ago, vacancies said:

@Nirvik

Thanks Nirvik! Best of luck to you, as well. I did receive a promising letter from the director of the program I applied to in January, so I am with hope. Would you mind sharing what program or concentration your brother applied to, if any? = ]

1 hour ago, SidraTariq said:

Hi, I applied to NYU for MA in Business and Economic Reporting, had a skype interview with the Director and one of the Professors of the program and it was promising. But I haven't received any letters as such, should I be worried? I am freaking out a little.

Also @Nirvik what program did your brother apply to?

My brother applied for the MS in Journalism program with specific concentration in Sports Journalism. Although, he is preferring to go for Northwestern instead, as their sports journalism program is quite strong.

@Nirvik Thank you! I didn't know there was a sport journalism concentration

@vacancies It's nice to know i'm not the only one, i applied for the literary reportage concentration and got an e-mail from the director a week ago ( i don't really know if it means i'm in or not), i'm anxiously waiting for the official email from the GSAS

I am seriously freaking out now. I got so hopeful because I scored a skype 'conversation' with the professors but now I'm worried. Is getting an interview an indication of anything at all? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On March 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Elle Vagabonde said:

I'm so happy to share that i'll be attending NYU in the fall! @SidraTariq I'm sorry i didn't reply to your post, i just didn't think i would be of a lot of help, waiting is horrible, i hope you hear from BER soon!! @vacancies are u committing to NYU?

Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been on this forum in a bit. Yes, I'm committing to NYU. Is anyone going to the luncheon tomorrow? @Elle Vagabonde @SidraTariq

• 6 months later...
On March 4, 2016 at 4:22 PM, vacancies said:

@Elle Vagabonde @Nirvik

I'm elated to announce that I was accepted into the magazine program at NYU's Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute today! I'm over the moon and wish you all the best of luck. 

Hi @vacancies I am in the process of applying to NYU's magazine program and also in the process of studying/taking the GRE and going crazy. It would be amazing if you wouldn't mind giving me any of your background (gpa, gre scores) prior to your acceptance into the program?! and also how you're liking it now? NYU's magazine program is my dream :)