After the pre-application visits, contacts and meetings...

pea-jay

Well, I just completed a three day visit to check out three NYC grad schools and programs. In my mind, I believe this trip did more to focus my application, help word my SOP, identify professors I'd like to work with and what degree I would pursue. This trip helped me:

- Eliminate a school that is incompatible with my goals (saving me $125, more if you include the other schools eliminated from my list.

- Formally confirm the program I will pursue (Public Policy/Management) and rule out other options

- Make positive admission staff and faculty contacts at both schools. I received invaluable information and both staffs were highly professional and welcoming to me.

- understand the student body of each school

- know what I will be getting into timewise and financial wise at each school.

- and finally observe what campus facilities and amenities were available.

I now feel comfortable applying to both schools, because I like both, albeit for differing reasons. If anyone else has a chance to preview places, I highly recommend doing that. During this trip, I met three prospective students also from the Bay Area, in NYC investigating grad school opportunities.

Edited by pea-jay

Well, I just completed a three day visit to check out three NYC grad schools and programs. In my mind, I believe this trip did more to focus my application, help word my SOP, identify professors I'd like to work with and what degree I would pursue. This trip helped me:

- Eliminate a school that is incompatible with my goals (saving me $125, more if you include the other schools eliminated from my list.

- Formally confirm the program I will pursue (Public Policy/Management) and rule out other options

- Make positive admission staff and faculty contacts at both schools. I received invaluable information and both staffs were highly professional and welcoming to me.

- understand the student body of each school

- know what I will be getting into timewise and financial wise at each school.

- and finally observe what campus facilities and amenities were available.

I now feel comfortable applying to both schools, because I like both, albeit for differing reasons. If anyone else has a chance to preview places, I highly recommend doing that. During this trip, I met three prospective students also from the Bay Area, in NYC investigating grad school opportunities.

Awesome. I'm weeks overdue in posting my own school visit post. I'm glad it helped you.