Skowhegan 2016

Gato04

I applied with video and images. I saw a lot of activity on Vimeo in February (6 views throughout the month), but nothing so far this month. I hope it's a good sign. 

I applied with images. I've seen a massive spike in my website views, but that could be from other residency applications. Here's to hoping though! Gato04 did you do photos or videos?

Cpw0021 and PoMo Blues I applied with 2 videos. I've seen activity from Skowhegan since January 25th. And until February 17th. I haven't seen any plays or loads from them this month. Between the two videos, I have a total of 10 plays, 5 each....I've heard it is a good sign when they view your work up until the end of march...let's wait and see....

Congrats to both!! cpw 0021, I've been to ACA twice and had to cancel last year due to a family emergency...You'll love it!! The food is really good and the place is beautiful and really close to the beach. The summer is really humid and the mosquitoes are really bad though. If you're there during those months take repellent and stay hydrated....I will be reaplying to MacDowell  too. If you haven't applied I strongly recommend the crown jewel of all residencies! Good luck on the rest of your residencies applications ;)

Yes...I went in 2013 and will apply to go there in the fall (April 15th deadline). They are amazing....the best experience I've had so far as far as art residencies go. Once you go there you're like another member of that big family. I recommend it 100% ;)

Edited by Gato04

7 hours ago, Gato04 said:

Yes...I went in 2013 and will apply to go there in the fall (April 15th deadline). They are amazing....the best experience I've had so far as far as art residencies go. Once you go there you're like another member of that big family. I recommend it 100% ;)

I've been hesitant to apply as well because of the two year thing--but I definitely will after grad school! 

I'm soo looking forward to ACA, I have friends who have gone who said it was great too. I wish it was still fully funded though (they're only giving $500 scholarships now :/). 

Yes, I heard they had funding cuts....it is sad because it's a great program...tip, when you apply to MacDowell apply for winter or the fall. The summer season is the most competitive one...

8 hours ago, Gato04 said:

CPW, did you attend the Center for Photography at Woodstock? 

No I haven't, I was going to apply this year but figured I'd wait because I expected I'd be getting into a grad program. Have you? It seems really great--it's definitely on my post MFA list of residencies, along with Studio Museum, Headlands, Artpace, Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship. 

Has anyone heard of Artspace NC? They give good stipends for their residencies so I've been eyeing them. 

CPW 0021, the residency program at The Center for Photography at Woodstock is great! I did it back in 2012. I have a friend that's currently doing Artpace in San Antonio.  I've heard is very competitive....I had a solo show a couple of years ago at ArtSpace, NC but never did the residency. Headlands is definitely on my list this year....I was a semifinalist last time I applied and they have a different panel every year. I'm thinking of applying to Studio Museum as well but I hate the fact they don't recycle letters of recommendation so every time you apply you have to submit new ones....

1 hour ago, Gato04 said:

CPW 0021, the residency program at The Center for Photography at Woodstock is great! I did it back in 2012. I have a friend that's currently doing Artpace in San Antonio.  I've heard is very competitive....I had a solo show a couple of years ago at ArtSpace, NC but never did the residency. Headlands is definitely on my list this year....I was a semifinalist last time I applied and they have a different panel every year. I'm thinking of applying to Studio Museum as well but I hate the fact they don't recycle letters of recommendation so every time you apply you have to submit new ones....

Have you thought about Core program? 

I'm pretty sure I have no chance at it since I live in Houston currently, but maybe I'll apply if ever I want to come back. 

I'm also awaiting Skowhegan results! Nice to see what other residencies people are considering, Skowhegan is the only one I submitted for this year as I am also planning on attending grad school in the fall, but would like to have some options for the next few summers. Seems like we have to wait a few more weeks for results?