Skowhegan 2016

Gato04

12 minutes ago, Gato04 said:

CPW 0021, I've applied to Core a couple of times to no success...again, having to submit new letters of recommendation every time I apply is a turn -off...

Yeah, the core program is very particular about what kind of artist they accept. Usually very theoretical artists--I've also heard from one former fellow that she only go in because someone in her MFA program knows the people at Core. 

Have you ever applied to the Galveston Artist Residency? It's another good one near Houston, year long, they give you an apartment (core doesn't), studio, a bicycle, maybe a stipend as well. Deadline is coming up. 

Yes, I've heard similar things about core....I actually just found out and submitted an application for Galveston a couple of days ago! Let's see what happens...It seems like a very good program...

6 hours ago, Gato04 said:

Yes, I've heard similar things about core....I actually just found out and submitted an application for Galveston a couple of days ago! Let's see what happens...It seems like a very good program...

Yes, it's a really good program. Good luck!! 

13 hours ago, Gato04 said:

Langley,  did you apply to Skowhegan with images or video? 

I only submitted images, I mainly work in sculpture. I'm still waiting for results from two MFA interviews and skowhegan. Excited to not be in limbo soon...

26 minutes ago, langley said:

I only submitted images, I mainly work in sculpture. I'm still waiting for results from two MFA interviews and skowhegan. Excited to not be in limbo soon...

where did you interview? 

I know what you mean. I'm so happy this process is coming to an end.

1 hour ago, cpw0021 said:

I didn't get in. But that's ok since I wouldn't be able to go this year anyway.

cpw0021,Yes, it's a long term commitment...It's better to apply after grad school...

3 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

I didn't get in. But that's ok since I wouldn't be able to go this year anyway.

I see you got into UCI-- congrats! -- have they sent you more information? I talked to a friend of mine there an apparently they haven't made all decisions yet and are contacting people on a rolling basis....so far you're the only person I know who has interviewed and heard back!

Edited by langley

33 minutes ago, langley said:

I see you got into UCI-- congrats! -- have they sent you more information? I talked to a friend of mine there an apparently they haven't made all decisions yet and are contacting people on a rolling basis....so far you're the only person I know who has interviewed and heard back!

There are two other people who go in on the forum (one in the curating program). I received my offer letter last week. I might've been admitted earlier than others, I think, because I was put up for a fellowship through the graduate division. I haven't officially accepted yet because I'm just waiting to have my offer letter updated now that I've gotten the fellowship results. 

Edited by cpw0021

zaumnik do you have vimeo? because I've heard that people that got accepted in the past have been viewed until the end of March so maybe you're in  the final round...I haven't had any views from them this month....

whoevenknows, In the past it has been around the 6th-7th of April. I don't know if they'll notify earlier this year since they had an earlier deadline than previous years.

Just got a rejection from Guttenberg Arts. Can never tell if the "we strongly suggest you apply again" or "we look forward to seeing your next application" are serious or just obligatory. 

Has anyone who applied to Elsewhere heard back yet? Their website says that notifications should go out Mid-March, wondering if they're just running late going through applications. I got a couple of hits from Greensboro on my website last week, so hopeful.  

20 hours ago, Gato04 said:

PoMo Blues, I think that actually means your application was considered until the last round of reviews....I would take it as encouraging and reapply next year....

Thank you for this. Rejections are already hard to swallow, so I try not to get my hopes up too much. Good to know there is a silver lining in this case. 

Edited by PoMo Blues
grammer