What sorts of questions to ask at a meet and greet event for grad school??

VKBun

Question

So the title says it all.... what sort of questions are important to ask? I have a list I've compiled of my own questions (maybe 15-20 in total), but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything and am wholly prepared for this event. What sorts of experiences have you had? Any essential questions?
Edited by VictoriaKBun

2 answers to this question

For me, the meet and greet was super informal, so it was more like a mixer than anything else. Aside from the general welcome from the university and the grad student staffs, we were more or less set free to socialize and meet other students. So, if I were you, I wouldn't sweat it, and just try to make some friends inside and outside your field :)

On 2016-03-05 at 10:39 PM, CuddlyWingman said:

For me, the meet and greet was super informal, so it was more like a mixer than anything else. Aside from the general welcome from the university and the grad student staffs, we were more or less set free to socialize and meet other students. So, if I were you, I wouldn't sweat it, and just try to make some friends inside and outside your field :)

Wonderful, thank you! I'm very excited!