LSUHSC-NO, LSU-BR, USM, ULL Letters

8 hours ago, rockchalk4253 said:

I applied to LSU BR and USM, and mine still says under review. When are we supposed to hear? 

I have no idea.  I still haven't heard anything.  It's just frustrating.  Wanted to see if anyone else heard from them yet.  

On 3/6/2016 at 2:03 PM, rockchalk4253 said:

I applied to LSU BR and USM, and mine still says under review. When are we supposed to hear? 

I just got an email today from LSU-BR's COMD admissions asking me to take a survey about what attracted me to LSU. 

I got that this morning too, was super disappointed to see that it was only a survey. I was hoping to hear back by the end of this week, because I wanted to go on visits to see what the schools are like. Are you an undergrad at one of the schools currently?

5 minutes ago, edardi1 said:

I just got an email today from LSU-BR's COMD admissions asking me to take a survey about what attracted me to LSU. 

Same here. I got so irritated because it was such an evil way to tease us!

I went to undergrad at LSU-BR, not in Communication Disorders though.  I had a lot of friends that did COMD there though and they absolutely loved it!  They have a lot of research labs, a language preschool on campus, and there's a lot of facilities off-campus that provide unique clinical opportunities, and LSU is just a cool place in general. :)

That survey email bugged me, man!  Such teases!

10 minutes ago, edardi1 said:

I went to undergrad at LSU-BR, not in Communication Disorders though.  I had a lot of friends that did COMD there though and they absolutely loved it!  They have a lot of research labs, a language preschool on campus, and there's a lot of facilities off-campus that provide unique clinical opportunities, and LSU is just a cool place in general. :)

That survey email bugged me, man!  Such teases!

Thats awesome! 

Is LSU sending letters through mail? Because I got that survey email too <_<

And, do you happen to know how many out of state applicants they accept? 

I'm not sure how many out of state students they accept.  I'm assuming they favor Louisiana residents (which is fair). I'm worried that since I'm from Kansas my chances aren't as good. So annoyed LSU hasn't sent anything and still waiting on Southern Miss! This will be a stressful spring break.

On 3/8/2016 at 4:25 PM, rockchalk4253 said:

I got that this morning too, was super disappointed to see that it was only a survey. I was hoping to hear back by the end of this week, because I wanted to go on visits to see what the schools are like. Are you an undergrad at one of the schools currently?

On 3/10/2016 at 1:56 PM, shesanecho said:

Thats awesome! 

Is LSU sending letters through mail? Because I got that survey email too <_<

And, do you happen to know how many out of state applicants they accept? 

I just a letter in the mail today.  Sadly, it was a rejection letter, which I'm okay with because it wasn't my first choice.  As far as out of state students, I know nothing about that!  Wish I could help you there!

On 3/11/2016 at 11:03 PM, megleemac said:

I received an email from ULL today at about 3PM

That's cool.  I guess I'll hear from this week then!  Keeping those fingers crossed!  Congrats on your acceptance!

On 3/10/2016 at 4:23 PM, rockchalk4253 said:

I'm not sure how many out of state students they accept.  I'm assuming they favor Louisiana residents (which is fair). I'm worried that since I'm from Kansas my chances aren't as good. So annoyed LSU hasn't sent anything and still waiting on Southern Miss! This will be a stressful spring break.

I got my letter from LSU today, so I'm sure you'll hear something soon. 

Can anyone tell me more about Baton Rouge and Louisiana in general? From what I've heard and viewed online LSU is what I'm looking for. Their campus is beautiful, the faculty sounds great and I love football ? Any input would be appreciated. I looked at the Baton Rouge city forum on here but would like some insight from fellow speech students. 

8 hours ago, edardi1 said:

I just a letter in the mail today.  Sadly, it was a rejection letter, which I'm okay with because it wasn't my first choice.  As far as out of state students, I know nothing about that!  Wish I could help you there!

Same here. I got rejected too. :( 

We have the same stats. On a kind of positive, I got waitlisted by UNT.

I hope everything works out for you. 

On March 5, 2016 at 1:41 PM, edardi1 said:

Is there anyone here who applied to these programs?  Have you heard anything yet?

What's the major difference between the programs at Baton Rouge and New Orleans? I didn't apply to the one in New Orleans I was just curious. Have they sent out letters yet for you? I can't believe USM hasn't sent stuff out yet! 

I just received an acceptance from LSUHSC New Orleans! Has anyone else? I have got to find some roommates. I have zero connections in New Orleans and a little worried about my living situation!

23 hours ago, Lindsey6 said:

I just received an acceptance from LSUHSC New Orleans! Has anyone else? I have got to find some roommates. I have zero connections in New Orleans and a little worried about my living situation!

Did you get an interview too?  Or did they just accept you and that was it?  When did you get the letter?

On 3/14/2016 at 1:40 AM, shesanecho said:

Same here. I got rejected too. :( 

We have the same stats. On a kind of positive, I got waitlisted by UNT.

I hope everything works out for you. 

Thanks!!  You too!

On 3/15/2016 at 7:24 PM, rockchalk4253 said:

What's the major difference between the programs at Baton Rouge and New Orleans? I didn't apply to the one in New Orleans I was just curious. Have they sent out letters yet for you? I can't believe USM hasn't sent stuff out yet! 

I'm kind of under the impression LSUHSC is more medical based.  The only letter I've gotten is LSU in Baton Rouge.  

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone on here get into LSU-BR? I was accepted and it is so far my only acceptance so I guess that's where I'm headed! Looking to get in contact with others in the cohort but don't know how!

12 minutes ago, McJoderson said:

Did anyone on here get into LSU-BR? I was accepted and it is so far my only acceptance so I guess that's where I'm headed! Looking to get in contact with others in the cohort but don't know how!

I am most likely going here! I wish we didn't have to accept so soon i haven't been able to visit. This was my top choice! 

Yay! I know, I'd like to visit as well, but for me I either go here or not go anywhere so the choice is simple! From what I see online of their program, it seems like it has everything I am looking for- research opportunities, diverse clinical opportunities, and a relatively small class size. I did some poking around on Craigslist and there seems to be a ton of decent and affordable housing options around campus, at least compared to housing costs around ASU where I am at now. AND BR is home to Louisiana's only Trader Joes so I could totally live there. ;) I'm also very excited about football season. I heard tailgating gets crazy!

I got accepted into ULL and went to tour and all that. It was a really good school and I personally enjoyed it. I also got a letter in the mail from USM on Friday saying that I was an alternate. I haven't heard anything out of LSU health yet. I've been trying to get in touch with someone over there, but it seems impossible. Is anyone else going to ULL? 

Still waiting on USM! Can anyone help me out weather wise what it is generally like in Louisiana and Mississippi for the seasons? I have no idea what types of coats etc. to bring when I move. Also if anyone could help me out with BR in terms of good places to live it would be extremely helpful! I've looked at the Woodlands and Tiger Manor, was wondering if they were as good as the Google reviews online etc.