Question about Yale and PTS faculty

Epaphroditus

I just found out I got accepted to PTS's ThM program and Yale Div's STM program! I'm excited at either possibility, but have some questions about the faculty. I know that Yale was looking to hire a new NT prof - does anyone here know if they've already made that decision and who that might be?

I also heard that PTS was hiring someone for their biblical studies faculty (possibly NT?). I know they recently hired Eric Barreto as an Associate Prof in NT, but I heard they hired an additional NT prof. Is this true? Does anyone know who that is? Any information on either YDS or PTS would help me make my decision. Thanks!

1 hour ago, y00nsk said:

I just found out I got accepted to PTS's ThM program and Yale Div's STM program! I'm excited at either possibility, but have some questions about the faculty. I know that Yale was looking to hire a new NT prof - does anyone here know if they've already made that decision and who that might be?

I also heard that PTS was hiring someone for their biblical studies faculty (possibly NT?). I know they recently hired Eric Barreto as an Associate Prof in NT, but I heard they hired an additional NT prof. Is this true? Does anyone know who that is? Any information on either YDS or PTS would help me make my decision. Thanks!

When I interviewed with PTS, they told me that they had hired a new Paulinist, but they weren't read to share his/her identity yet. I'm guessing it's Michael Gorman. He's there as a Luce Fellow this year, and he is a PTS alum. I also heard today that they hired Mark Smith (OT/HB/ANE) from NYU. 

On March 15, 2016 at 4:23 PM, RD_Paul said:

When I interviewed with PTS, they told me that they had hired a new Paulinist, but they weren't read to share his/her identity yet. I'm guessing it's Michael Gorman. He's there as a Luce Fellow this year, and he is a PTS alum. I also heard today that they hired Mark Smith (OT/HB/ANE) from NYU. 

They are looking to hire a junior and senior scholar each in OT and NT. Barreto in the NT junior and Smith the OT senior; so Gorman would makes sense at the NT senior scholar. If so its not public knowledge yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like PTS announced three new faculty hires today: http://ptsem.edu/indexmobile.aspx?id=25769810017

@RD_Paul and @Rabbit Run were right about Mark Smith from NYU, though no word yet on Michael Gorman or a different senior NT hire, which is surprising. The hiring of Mark Smith definitely makes PTS a great place to study OT/HB and somewhat fills the hole left by Seow's departure.