Question about review after interview

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any input on how admissions goes about reviewing your application after you have interviewed? At my interview I was told there is a "score" that they create for your application, and if you score above a certain number you are offered an interview. I know that they go back afterwards and review your application again and discuss the interview, but does anyone know how they review you after your interview? Is there a specific order they do them in based off of your original "score" or perhaps when you submitted your application?

I ask because where I interviewed I know some people have already been accepted that interviewed before and after me, but I have been in contact with the person I had my interview with and she assured me my application has not yet been reviewed. So I am trying to figure out why that might be?

If anyone has any input please let me know! I'm thinking it's a bad sign, but trying to hang onto a tiny bit of hope lol. Thanks!

Edited by SLP2Bhopefully

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, while I don't know exactly how they determine applicants after an interview, I do have a question. Do you specifically  talk to the person that interviewed you after the interview process? I ask because i was interviewed by the professor i want to mentor with and haven't heard back for about 3 weeks. I do not know if its appropriate to contact him and ask for an update or if he made any decisions.

I'm guessing that every school is going to do it completely differently. That said, something seems strange about this school where you interviewed. Perhaps there are different "pools" that they're drawing from. Different geographic areas, backgrounds, etc and they have a spot reserve for your applicant pool, but haven't got to it yet?