Has anyone heard anything from Howard, I know they have sent out a few rejection letters. I contacted the admissions person and they said letters were mailed out friday but haven't seen anything on grad cafe results page or in general. 

I posted that...and they said "everyone would receive a letter" and they were mailing them out friday. I am going to the open house thursday and I am wondering why NO ONE Knows anything. Its kinda annoying honestly, its getting late! 

I keep trying to call or email but its so hard to get any information! I know someone that got a rejection letter in the mail, but that is all. 

I didn't even know there was an open house! How did you find that out. The only thing I got was an email in January saying my application ready for review!

21 hours ago, Ejt5100 said:

I didn't even know there was an open house! How did you find that out. The only thing I got was an email in January saying my application ready for review!

Yeah! I send an email to Dr.Payne, She send me an invitation , its this thursday! I am going :)

They already reviewed all the applications, they submit their admissions etc to the graduate school admissions, which does it in waves. So you should get a letter in the upcoming weeks, one of the professors said they mail out acceptances too...but from what I've seen most people are emailed. They have until the 15th to decide. 

There were some people in the open house that had several acceptances to other schools, so at this point it seems like april 15th will be the date to look out for. I still have not received a letter or anything. So I am going to take that as either a waitlist or rejection. The school is predominantly AA which I am not. I think out of their class from last year, from the pictures I saw, it was 90% AA and there were 3 students who were not. Which is great because they are a national black school. 

Either way on my end its not looking all that great! 

When I spoke to graduate admission they said all admissions decisions will be made via postal, when I asked if it would be emailed. SO I HAVE no idea. 

They told me they received 400 applications this year and thats why they were so behind. 

3 hours ago, Ejt5100 said:

Yeah I still haven't heard anything either .. It's taking forever!

I went to the open house and they said that they had already made all their decisions, that the graduate admissions is separate department and since they do ALL of howards admissions that it would take awhile for them to mail out letters. From the past I've seen that people who were accepted were emailed, so I am assuming if you didn't get an email you were either rejected or waitlisted. I still haven't heard anything or gotten a letter, I did contact the graduate admissions office. 

On March 21, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Ejt5100 said:

Wait did you just contact them today? Because there was a post on the results page that said they were going to send them out 2 Friday's ago.. 

Any news on Howard? Still nothing. I am going crazy. This is not cool!