Claremont Graduate University or University of Kentucky

fbeyza

Hi people!

I got acceptances from the phd program in political science at CGU and UKY. I don't know the funding package of cgu yet, but kentucky's package is quite less to survive. It gives 14k tuition and healthcare. I am a former pitzer college exchange( also a member of claremont colleges) , i know claremont but kentucky is an enigma for me! Btw, Turkish applicant.

please help!

3 hours ago, GradSchoolTruther said:

You can survive on $14k in Lexington. As for CGU, your chances for funding a bleak as they don't fund many political science students.

Thank you so much for the answer. Could you compare them academically? Cgu is higher in rankings but kentucky is quite good too. What do you think?

On 24 Mart 2016 at 7:06 PM, GradSchoolTruther said:

Kentucky is ranked pretty low (70s), but it is ranked. The difference between a program in the 50s and 70s isn't much. If you go to either, your looking a regional public or small liberal arts schools for future options. Go with the funded offer.

Thank you so much for the answer!