Any Film/New Media MFAs?

Anastasya

I just recently (last week!) decided to apply to a number of film MFA programs. The ones I am applying to are interdisciplinary, with a big focus on theory (they all require a written thesis, as well as a lot of visual work). I am an experimental film/installation/conceptual artist, with the goal of one day attending a PhD program in Film Studies and becoming a professor.

Anyone else out there doing something similar?

Anyone applying to film MFAs with different goals?

• 4 months later...

Hi Anastasya --I am just finishing up an MA in media studies at The New School & have applied to a couple of MFAs for fall. If you have questions about TNS I'd be happy to share my experience in the program there.

• 3 months later...

Hi Anastasya --I am just finishing up an MA in media studies at The New School & have applied to a couple of MFAs for fall. If you have questions about TNS I'd be happy to share my experience in the program there.

Hi Anastasya, I was wondering what was the media studies program like at The New School, I'm considering applying there for Fall 2011..Did you do the online program or where you on campus??..Any information would be appreciated. Thank You.

Ohio University used to have a pretty good film program, both an MFA and an MA. My husband completed his MFA there. The MA program is more theory based, and they focus quite a bit on experimental film. I cannot say much about the program now, as there has been quite a bit of turnover of professors.

• 3 months later...

Hi Anastasya, I was wondering what was the media studies program like at The New School, I'm considering applying there for Fall 2011..Did you do the online program or where you on campus??..Any information would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hi Anastasya, I'm also interested in applying to the MA in Media Studies at the New School for Fall 2011. Any tips for the statement of purpose?

thanks!