Question

I'm doing a double major in Microbiology and Genetics and I have a 2.3 GPA. Even though my GPA is so low I want to go to grad school for Developmental & Reproductive Biology. I have had a lot of experience in research since I had multiple internships and jobs working at the veterinary school, zoos, genetics laboratories, etc. In addition, in all my laboratory courses I have passed with A's but in other courses like chemistry and math I have done poorly. I was wondering what are my real chances into getting into a school program even if I get a real high school in my GRE and have good recommendation letters. And if so, which schools do you recommend (similar programs).

2 answers to this question

Have you already graduated? Could you take another year and do lab courses/research?

I would look into Masters programs, but even then it may be difficult for you. The GRE can help, if the program does take it, but often low grades stop you from other things, even if you are accepted. Those could include TA positions, external funding, or other positions within the university.