Probably a dumb application question

mastermind1886

I couldn't find an answer to this here or in the various FAQ I have read... if I apply to schools that use the ApplyYourself system, can I submit and pay for my application and finish even before my recommenders submit letters? The system says that you can complete the online application before that, but I'm not sure if that means 'fill things out but not submit' or 'submit it and give your soul to fortune.'

Usually you can ahve the system send your recommenders emails before you even submit the application. All the online applications I have seen so far will let you continue to access the recommender information even after you submit. So if you submit a recommender and they go MIA, you still ahve the opportunity to remove them and add someone else.

Yup, all my recommenders happen to be submitting their letters after I submitted the online application, but it doesn't matter.

I'm actually sitting in my LOR writer's office at this moment, literally waiting for him to submit my letters online. I had to show him how to log in etc. Seriously. Everyone said, "you have to sit there and make him go through the process, or else he won't do it." Craziness.

Edited by alexis

WARNING: For ApplyYourself, once you submit the application, you can no longer change the name of the recommenders. I submit two apps to UIUC and then one of the recommenders go AWOL. Huge pain in the a$$ trying to track him.

Edited by newage2012

thanks everyone! first batch fired away... I feel like I'm in the Red Squadron firing proton torpedoes at the Death Star.

Anyone else feel that way? Ha.

LOL. That is exactly how I felt last year when I was applying last year. I wish I could have verbalized it as well as you! And now I am feeling the same way about my fellowship apps... How many Death Stars can there be?