Wat If I report the scores and submit scoresheet after deadline?

Makhdumi

I got registered for a GRE on 2nd January, 10. But my application deadline is the same. Or in few cases 15th January.

1: If I report the scores to them on my application, and they get the score card directly from ETS later, would that still be considered incomplete application?

2: If I attach my old GRE scores instead, and send them the new ones once they are available, would that save me the trouble?

Please help!

Obviously this varies program by program, but I think the general rule is that as long as you take the GRE before the application deadline, you should be okay. That said, you should indicate on your applications that you will be taking the test on that date, and follow up as soon as you can with your department. If you're taking the CBT, you can call and tell them the scores you received that day. The only thing that concerns me about this is that many schools are comfortable with receiving scores post-deadline because even though they may have a December 15 deadline, they don't really begin evaluating materials until after the winter break. (first or second week of January). The programs you're applying to all have January deadlines, so I imagine they begin evaluating materials shortly after those deadlines.

I would suggest calling the programs that you're applying to and ask them how they will handle this situation. I would also be sure to include your old GRE scores so that they won't view your application as incomplete.

I got registered for a GRE on 2nd January, 10. But my application deadline is the same. Or in few cases 15th January.

1: If I report the scores to them on my application, and they get the score card directly from ETS later, would that still be considered incomplete application?

2: If I attach my old GRE scores instead, and send them the new ones once they are available, would that save me the trouble?

Please help!

Email your programs and ask. In my experience, programs are generally prompt in replying. Some might want you to include your old scores.

if you take the test and get your scores some will ask you to simply report the score you got, and then ETS will send them confirmation that you did indeed get the score you said you got. most schools aren't touching your application until weeks after your deadline, so just get in everything you can, make sure you've at least taken care of everything and you should be fine.

Please help!

As I assume you know, you'll only be able to report your V/Q - as the AW comes much later (in my case a month later and I took it several months ago) - so you would have to use your old AW until they new one was turned in. Some schools don't make their decision for many weeks - others have decisions out within a month (and your new scores may not even be in by then). Definitely contact the programs you're applying to and get their advice, they are the only ones that can tell you for sure.