Need advice in applying for the Master's programs.

DiDi

Question

Hello,

I am currently sturying B.Sc. in Accounting and Audit in Kazakhstan. I will graduate in June 2016. The language of instruction is English. Recently I applied for the M.Sc. in Economics in Germany. However, they rejected me because my home university is not recognised in Germany as a higher education institution. The university  does not have HEI accreditation. I am applying for the M.Sc. in Economics, Finance or Business for the universitites with no tuition fees for the winter semester 2016. Give me advice, please.

Thank you very much.

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. If the German university doesn't recognize your degree as acceptable then there is not much that any of us can do. And unfortunately I would suspect that this would be a problem with other German universities as well, they tend to be strict about approving diplomas from your prior education. 

1 hour ago, fuzzylogician said:

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. If the German university doesn't recognize your degree as acceptable then there is not much that any of us can do. And unfortunately I would suspect that this would be a problem with other German universities as well, they tend to be strict about approving diplomas from your prior education. 

I've just found out that my university is accreditated. It has appropriate certificates. What kind of advice am I looking for? I think, I need any information of universities without tuition fees and with scholarships for international students in the field of Economics or Business. I am just so confused. May be some of you study somewhere at Master's programs and is able to offer his/her university?

Thank you

Edited by DiDi

@DiDi Maybe you should read some of the threads on http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/34-economics/ and http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/14-business/ and do a search on the results page  to see if any international students were offered scholarships to masters programs in Economics and Business in the past.