56 minutes ago, roboticx said:

I enquired the MAE Administration about my application status. Today I received that " Thank you for your email.  We regret to inform that your application is currently not shortlisted by any professor.  Meanwhile, your application will be kept in our common pool for faculty review.  If the faculty is interested in your application, they will contact you.Regards,MAE Graduate Studies Unit". Does it means I am rejected ? or waitlisted?

I think you are on the waitlist.

I guess. Just wait for the faculty level to email back.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 25/4/2016 at 10:25 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

I think you are on the waitlist.

I guess. Just wait for the faculty level to email back.

Hi ,

Today I received a reply from a professor after I expressed my wish to pursue PhD under him. He called me up for a skype discussion with him tomorrow. I'm actually nervous and not sure what to expect. Could you please tell how the usual skype discussion would be and how should  I prepare for it? Should I consider it as official interview  from NTU?

Congratulations that you found your proposed supervisor. I think that it can be called a shortlisted interview.

Don't need to be worry. They will ask you about your academic interest or maybe the topic of your research proposal.

Good luck and finger crossed !

10 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Congratulations that you found your proposed supervisor. I think that it can be called a shortlisted interview.

Don't need to be worry. They will ask you about your academic interest or maybe the topic of your research proposal.

Good luck and finger crossed !

Thanks

On 28/4/2016 at 10:43 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

how was your interview?

Hi Ardent_PhD,

Thanks so much for your considerations. I am not sure if I could call it as an Interview.. It went more like an Informal chat. The professor asked just generic questions like What are my previous research experiences, skillsets etc. Today he mailed me with a Journal Article and stated that I should give him a write-up of what that paper was about in 3 days. I am not sure what that means and clearly not optimistic about NTU at this timeframe ...

Anyways I am hoping to get into NUS as I'd applied based on a Professor suggestion that he is very much willing to take me provided I clear the 'pre-screening' of the department in his own words. I am really hopeful for it as the research fit  is great between us.

How about you? Did you hear back from the department? Hopefully we both get admitted according to our wishes!

5 hours ago, roboticx said:

Hi Ardent_PhD,

Thanks so much for your considerations. I am not sure if I could call it as an Interview.. It went more like an Informal chat. The professor asked just generic questions like What are my previous research experiences, skillsets etc. Today he mailed me with a Journal Article and stated that I should give him a write-up of what that paper was about in 3 days. I am not sure what that means and clearly not optimistic about NTU at this timeframe ...

Anyways I am hoping to get into NUS as I'd applied based on a Professor suggestion that he is very much willing to take me provided I clear the 'pre-screening' of the department in his own words. I am really hopeful for it as the research fit  is great between us.

How about you? Did you hear back from the department? Hopefully we both get admitted according to our wishes!

hi roboticx,

I havn't got anything yet. 

Best wishes for us.

On 4/18/2016 at 11:58 PM, waklu said:

Hello, I read your comment at the results section. I am a MA applicant of the same programme at HSS. Which department did you apply to? I have been told that for PhD students, my department in HSS has already communicated their offer and waitlist offers as early as the end of last month. I am waiting for my outcome.

Hey Waklu, please see your inbox. thanks.

On 29/4/2016 at 5:29 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

hi roboticx,

I havn't got anything yet. 

Best wishes for us.

Hi bro,

Today I received this mail from my PI  but I am not so sure that I received an admit from NTU.

"I'm happy to let you know that you have been selected for the PhD position in my group. The School will now review your application and communicate with you directly regarding the administrative procedures."

Does it means that there is also a possibility that my application will get turned down at this stage by the School despite the offer from the professor?  Could you please give any information on this?

Edited by roboticx
Grammar

9 hours ago, roboticx said:

Hi bro,

Today I received this mail from my PI  but I am not so sure that I received an admit from NTU.

"I'm happy to let you know that you have been selected for the PhD position in my group. The School will now review your application and communicate with you directly regarding the administrative procedures."

Does it means that there is also a possibility that my application will get turned down at this stage by the School despite the offer from the professor?  Could you please give any information on this?

Hi roboticx

I think the email that you received is the tentative offer from NTU. After this stage the school will send your application to the main graduate studies office (ntu itself not the division or school) , so you have to wait for the official confirmation and the scholarship info from the main office. 

Which scholarship do you apply to?

On 6/5/2016 at 8:04 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

Hi roboticx

I think the email that you received is the tentative offer from NTU. After this stage the school will send your application to the main graduate studies office (ntu itself not the division or school) , so you have to wait for the official confirmation and the scholarship info from the main office. 

Hi Ardent_PhD,

I've applied for both NTU Research Scholarship and SINGA.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, PhD_R said:

@roboticx  Have you heard back?

I applied to IGS and haven't heard anything from them till now. Should I assume it is a reject since its mid-May already?

Not from MAE but I'd received rejection letter from IGS - NITHM PhD program in March. I had applied based on the encouragement from Mr.Liedberg and I was selected by a professor for funding,after an Interview, but it didn't turn out well. I heard IGS is really selective among all departments in NTU and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis till June. Good luck!

On 6/5/2016 at 8:04 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

Hi roboticx

Today received admission offer from NTU. I've been awarded NTU research scholarship with a monthly stipend of 2000 Singapore $! Not sure whether the award covers the tuition fee though as the language in Scholarship offer is ambiguous. Could you tell me whether it includes tuition fee ?

Capture.JPG

Edited by roboticx
Attachment

4 hours ago, roboticx said:

Today received admission offer from NTU. I've been awarded NTU research scholarship with a monthly stipend of 2000 Singapore $! Not sure whether the award covers the tuition fee though as the language in Scholarship offer is ambiguous. Could you tell me whether it includes tuition fee ?

Capture.JPG

Congrats to you

I think it is included the tuition fee as it mentioned on the website.

You should email them for sure.

I have been received the offer today but there was no scholarship for me.

4 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Congrats to you

I think it is included the tuition fee as it mentioned on the website.

You should email them for sure.

I have been received the offer today but there was no scholarship for me.

Congrats bro. I think you should contact the professors for Doctoral positions in their lab. I heard only professors could offers scholarships . 

12 hours ago, roboticx said:

Congrats bro. I think you should contact the professors for Doctoral positions in their lab. I heard only professors could offers scholarships . 

Hi bro,

Have you already asked whether the scholarship covers tuition fees or not?

2 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Hi bro,

Have you already asked whether the scholarship covers tuition fees or not?

Yes. Apparently the Research scholarship comes with a Monthly stipend, Tuition fee and Computer fees.

3 hours ago, roboticx said:

Yes. Apparently the Research scholarship comes with a Monthly stipend, Tuition fee and Computer fees.

That's great

I would like to know what the next process is? Do you log in to your SOLAR System already?

I have already accepted an offer but still havn't log in to the SOLAR.

Do your apply for the housing already? I applied the graduate hall 2.

Do you know whether the medical report form only take place at SG or it can take place at where we came from as we are international students?

1 hour ago, Ardent_PhD said:

That's great

I would like to know what the next process is? Do you log in to your SOLAR System already?

Do your apply for the housing already? I applied the graduate hall 2.

Hi bro,

I don't know anything about SOLAR System. Could you please tell me  more about it and how to apply for housing?

1 hour ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Do you know whether the medical report form only take place at SG or it can take place at where we came from as we are international students?

I read it in the NTU website that we have to get the health Checkup done only at Singapore.

BTW Bro, Have you decided which university to attend? You are from PRC/India ?

1 hour ago, roboticx said:

Hi bro,

I don't know anything about SOLAR System. Could you please tell me  more about it and how to apply for housing?

I read it in the NTU website that we have to get the health Checkup done only at Singapore.

BTW Bro, Have you decided which university to attend? You are from PRC/India ?

Pls see your inbox

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/20/2016 at 9:44 AM, roboticx said:

I had one skype interview in the month of february and now I have been called for onsite interview and campus visit on 4th of april. All the posts in this thread talk of only the skype interviews. What is onsite interview/campus visit .  Can you through some light on what i should expect and what could be the chances of selection.