MSW Fall 2016 CSULA vs CSULB

dcruz50

I recently been accepted to both CSULA and the CSULB Msw programs. I'm stuck on which one to attend. Some tell me that the CSULB has a better program but others advise me to chose CSULA. Does anyone have any advice or info on which one is better?

I need advice from current applicants, enrolled, or alumni.

Thank You

Edited by dcruz50

I used to hear that CSULB was better, but after speaking to a lot of people, I've come to realize they are pretty equal in terms of the program and what you learn/experience. The MSW programs are currently ranked about the same, with CSULA maybe one or two positions higher. I think either school is a great choice and for me, it would come down to what sort of environment I prefer, and which is closer to where I will be living. If you can, try to visit both schools and get a feel for the environment. 

3 hours ago, ginabina said:

I used to hear that CSULB was better, but after speaking to a lot of people, I've come to realize they are pretty equal in terms of the program and what you learn/experience. The MSW programs are currently ranked about the same, with CSULA maybe one or two positions higher. I think either school is a great choice and for me, it would come down to what sort of environment I prefer, and which is closer to where I will be living. If you can, try to visit both schools and get a feel for the environment. 

I'm currently finishing up my bsw at csula which I had a great experience so far. However, I keep hearing alot students and even professors there that they perfer the msw program at csulb instead which I'm not sure why?

1 hour ago, dcruz50 said:

I'm currently finishing up my bsw at csula which I had a great experience so far. However, I keep hearing alot students and even professors there that they perfer the msw program at csulb instead which I'm not sure why?

Honestly, I have no idea why. Unless the students and professors have attended, or worked at both schools, they can't really speak to which program is best. Maybe it's a case of the grass is always greener. 

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to offer a word of warning re: CSULA....in that I would not recommend entering this program, once you guys start receiving letters. It is *extremely* disorganized on an administrative level, the instruction is inconsistent, and there are a lot of problematic aspects surrounding racism/sexism. I don't feel comfortable saying more as I'm still in the program, but if you want further information you can contact me privately. Just didn't feel it was right to not give a "buyer beware" heads up.