John Jay MA -- 2016

ItsBeckyB

Hey everyone,

I was recently accepted into John Jay's Forensic Psychology Masters program. I would love to meet some fellow graduate students before the semester starts!

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm not applying until this fall but would like to stay in touch with someone at John Jay if you wouldn't mind? I am considering applying there this upcoming year.

5 hours ago, forensicpsych2017 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm not applying until this fall but would like to stay in touch with someone at John Jay if you wouldn't mind? I am considering applying there this upcoming year.

Thank you! And best of luck on you're upcoming application season :lol:. We can definitely stay in touch. I'm currently working on setting up my CUNY email account. Once I do, I will PM it to you. 

4 hours ago, ItsBeckyB said:

Thank you! And best of luck on you're upcoming application season :lol:. We can definitely stay in touch. I'm currently working on setting up my CUNY email account. Once I do, I will PM it to you. 

Awesome! I really appreciate it!! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Grace345 said:

HI I was wondering how long does john jay make a decision and how do I go about checking if I got in?

I finished my application at the beginning of March and heard back from them around April 20th. However, I'm not sure how accurate that timeline is now that the application deadline has passed. I got an email directing me to the application page when my decision was available. Although, I did check the website the day before I got the email and the "decision status" link was available. Hope this helps!

19 hours ago, ItsBeckyB said:

I finished my application at the beginning of March and heard back from them around April 20th. However, I'm not sure how accurate that timeline is now that the application deadline has passed. I got an email directing me to the application page when my decision was available. Although, I did check the website the day before I got the email and the "decision status" link was available. Hope this helps!

This helps a lot actually! I'm so nervous about the decision lol. It's been close to 3 weeks so I haven't heard anything :(

On May 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Grace345 said:

This helps a lot actually! I'm so nervous about the decision lol. It's been close to 3 weeks so I haven't heard anything :(

The waiting is the most agonizing part! Best of luck to you! :D

Also, according to GradCafe's John Jay page, in 2013, someone heard as late as June 10th, so there is still a good chance that not everyone has heard yet! 

On 5/27/2016 at 7:30 PM, ItsBeckyB said:

The waiting is the most agonizing part! Best of luck to you! :D

Also, according to GradCafe's John Jay page, in 2013, someone heard as late as June 10th, so there is still a good chance that not everyone has heard yet! 

Hi, I finally got my decision back, I didnt get in at this time =/ but I believe that they gave me a second chance because they said I can resubmit my GRE scores to be reconsidered for the fall semester. I was wondering what were your gre scores?

5 hours ago, Grace345 said:

Hi, I finally got my decision back, I didnt get in at this time =/ but I believe that they gave me a second chance because they said I can resubmit my GRE scores to be reconsidered for the fall semester. I was wondering what were your gre scores?

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you're able to get the scores up and get in for the fall. 

My GRE scores were 149 (V), 152 (Q), and 4 (W).