MSc Policy Edinburgh or Policy LSE (US student)

Akkin_055

So here it goes. I am an American student who has been accepted into LSE and Edinburgh for MSc programs (Social Policy and Planning at LSE and Comparative Public Policy at Edinburgh). I am having a difficult time deciding between the two for a couple of reasons. LSE is more prestigious, I know this and I understand how important of a factor it is in future job prospects. I have heard however that the student experience is pretty low; students don’t get much time with professors/facilities are over crowded/good job training not great education. On the other hand I have heard that Edinburgh is less rigorous but the overall enjoyment and standard of living is higher. I also hear that you get more time with faculty. I am a very serious student and would like to move onto a PhD or think tank like positions in the future, so LSE is enticing (I am worried about job prospects after Edinburgh), but my gut tells me Edinburgh might be a better fit. Any advice would be SO HELPFUL, also if I have misunderstood things/ been misinformed please let me know. All info I have is just pieced together from hours of research.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on both. Edinburgh is my favorite city in the world. It's incredible and you'll love visiting. But go to LSE. You can always venture up to Scotland, it's only a 6 hour beautiful drive or train ride from London, or you can take a cheap 45 minute flight. Both are fantastic schools though, so if you choose the burgh, don't regret it for a second. Cheers.