JJ/WBGS Joint Japan World GS Program Applications 2016

GoodLuck!

Hello! I applied this year for the JJ/WBGSP award in March 2016. I have read on several forums that if you did not receive the semifinalist email on May you could still get the award on July, but I don't know if this could only be the case of someone who only applied for one Preferred Program. When I sent my application, I selected two Preferred Programs and I attached my admission letter to one of them only (I was admitted before the JJ/WBGSP application deadline), so I don't know if this could make it unnecesary for the Secretariat to email me on May in case I had been selected as a semifinalist. I want to know if I still have hope because this affects my visa aplication and other processes that I have to go through. 

Thanks in advance for your time and comments!

Hi, 

I am also an JJ/WBGSP applicant this year for preferred program. Just like you, I also attached the Admission letter to one of the 3 selected programs to the application form sent in March. On May 6, I have received an email from JJ/WBGSP Secretariat to ask for the submission of Letter of Acceptance, then I have sent it again via email. On May 13, I have received the confirmation email that they have received my Letter of Acceptance. I am now awaiting for the result, very anxiously because many of my friends are receiving results and offers from many other scholarships. If anyone receive the offer from JJWB, please share since I could find very limited information and discussion about this scholarship. 

Thank you and good luck to all of you.

Hello there

i'm also applicant for the scholarship (preferred program). They sent me an email requested admission letter on the 6th may. Im only replying the email on the 11th . In return they sent me a confirmation said they already received the admission letter 3 days after that. Do you know whether this scholarship will involved interview or not? Same as Tam Bui i noticed the information or forum about this scholarship was very limited. Please do share if you managed to hear anything ya. :).

Thank you and good luck to all applicants.

Edited by silentvoice36

Hi 

I guess we are all in the same boat. I am also waiting to hear back from them post the 6th May mail. Estimating from previous year's result date my guess is that we will hear back from them in June end. 

What is your preferred program Tam Bui and Silentvoice36?

Cheers

It is June now, a very long and anxious month is ahead. Good luck to all of you, and don't forget to share with us when you receive the result. 

KingKan - My preferred program is MSc Globalization and Development - SOAS - UK. What about you? 

No I will wait till the end of June,

Mr. Rrahman, when u got your offer at the university of bradford was it conditional or unconditional and which course didi u apply for? 

By. My course was conditional. It has academic conditions section and financial condition section. Under the academic conditions area it was written" there are no academic conditions". However, under the area of financial conditions it was written " advance payment of 2000 pound before 31, July" does your offer has the same conditions? And is that offer accepted by the JJ/WBGSP secretariate or not?

5 hours ago, rrahman1210 said:

Amalthea, do u have to pay in advance? what would u do?

Hey Rrahman,

I have to pay $500 to secure my place at the University but I can only do that after I've secured 100% funding.

Rrhaman, Brandeis did not give me a deadline to pay. They just advised us not to make the initial/enrollment deposit without securing 100% funding, all this information can be found on the admitted students' page on the Heller School website http://heller.brandeis.edu/admissions/admitted-students/index.html

However, it would be great if the JJWBGSP made all the necessary arrangements like you said. I do not know much about the process. Just waiting to see how events unfold.

Edited by Amalthea

Hai, I am Ila. I am from Indonesia. I also applied for JJWBGB 2016 for program of Public Policy in Tsukuba University. Is there anyone who have the same preferred university? I would like to ask about the acceptance letter because I have got an invitation as a semifinalist to apply for the scholarship but I did not get the LOA from the university. Is there anyone has the same matter?

Thanks in advance.