Anyone Yale School of Arts and Science?

Theoretical2010

I have submitted my application 10 days ago. In my Application Status it is mentioned that : ''GRE:RECEIVED'' does this title GRE includes both general and subject? I ask this because some universities use ''GRE'' title for general test and have a seperate title '' GRE SUBJECT'' for subject test, but I guess yale use the title GRE for both of them, but still the fact that there is nothing named GRE SUBJECT in my application status makes me somehow concerned that my subject test is not received!!! please help!!!

I had a question of a similar type for a different school, and so emailed the the administrative person who was listed as the contact for the online application process. I got an answer, and it was pretty fast. Try that?

they say they don't answer questions concerning missing materials!

Will they answer the question: "Is there a separate line item for receipt of scores from the GRE Subject test, and will it be labeled as such? Or will it be grouped on the same line as the GRE General test?"

I got the answer from FAQ:

they do not confirm the receipt of GRE Subject, but if they receivr general they will receive subject too

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread I decided to double check my Yale application status and it reads 'Status Incomplete!' (Transcripts not received). Obviously I haven't sent them official transcripts as it's not necessary unless admission is offered but they should have my unofficial transcripts. !?! I submitted a couple of weeks ago. Have emailed them...

I think that my application also said something like that because I had not mailed my transcripts in, even though they say in angry capital letters not to mail in official transcripts. I just checked my application again, after submitting it on the 15th, and it says it is complete now.

Anyways, according to the results page, Yale sends out history decisions pretty early, as in 9 February for last year I think. Pretty crazy! Here's hoping I don't get rejected on my birthday.

• 3 weeks later...
I applied to yale School of arts and sciences.....but i haven't submitted GRE subject scores....is it necessary to submit gre subject test scores:blink:

I suppose it depends on what course you're applying to- I'm applying for English Lit, and they definitely wanted subject test scores. And it looks like English decisions come in early/mid February too...scary! If the pattern on the results page is to be believed, they accept everyone they want on one day and then reject everyone else on the next. Lovely.

Edited by Venetia

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it depends on what course you're applying to- I'm applying for English Lit, and they definitely wanted subject test scores. And it looks like English decisions come in early/mid February too...scary! If the pattern on the results page is to be believed, they accept everyone they want on one day and then reject everyone else on the next. Lovely.

Ohh...Hope u'll be admitted...

I applied 4 electrical engineering...GRE subject score is nt required 4 us

Just a shout-out to my fellow Yale hopefuls- fingers crossed that we all make it! My best friend and I are both applying widely to schools all over the country, but Yale is the #1 choice for both of us. It would be the ultimate pipe dream if we both get in! Eli Yale, be my Valentine!