Portfolio MISTAKE

middleamerica

After months of tweaking my portfolio, aligning type, deleting/replacing images, researching printing companies, and all around obsessing, I finally picked up the final product yesterday. Five beautifully-printed and bound material embodiments of my hopes and dreams. ::sigh::

Suddenly I realized that on one page of every portfolio in an image description, two words are cut off at the end of a sentence - making the whole statement meaningless. Should I:

a) Do nothing, and hope that the adcomms don't notice it (it is, after all, basically an extended caption)

B) Type the missing words, cut them out, and paste them on to each page

c) Re-print all of the portfolios - and not eat for two weeks

After months of tweaking my portfolio, aligning type, deleting/replacing images, researching printing companies, and all around obsessing, I finally picked up the final product yesterday. Five beautifully-printed and bound material embodiments of my hopes and dreams. ::sigh::

Suddenly I realized that on one page of every portfolio in an image description, two words are cut off at the end of a sentence - making the whole statement meaningless. Should I:

a) Do nothing, and hope that the adcomms don't notice it (it is, after all, basically an extended caption)

B) Type the missing words, cut them out, and paste them on to each page

c) Re-print all of the portfolios - and not eat for two weeks

I am no art student, but if it is exactly two words in a long booklet where images, not words, are of paramount importance it does not seem worth the time or the effort to redo it all. I might make a professional looking photocopy (you can even use fancy paper if it will put your mind at ease) and stick it saying: Due to a printer's error, the caption on page (43) is truncated. It should read in full "Blah blah blah blah".

Again, I don't know the standards of the field, the costs, etc, but for two words it doesn't seem worth it to reprint an entire book... I think the adcomms'd understand especially if you attribute it to a prınter's error. When is it due?

If you can't handle not eating for two weeks, (which we all know fuel is important!), then I would cut out and paste the words to the end of it. As an artist, I would want everything I've worked so hard on to be perfect.....don't give up!!! Cut and paste, I say. Good luck!

Edited by Crayons574