Please Evaluate my profile for civil engg 2010 app

hbk121

Hi

Please evaluate my profile and chances of getting admit (funding scenario)

B.Tech.: Civil Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati

CGPA: 6.44/10.0

GRE=(790+630)=1420

TOEFL=104

LoR strong

SOP good

Projects/Research exp: 1. Summer 09 - Internship at UC Davis

2. December08 - Internship at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

3. Summer 08 - Industrial Internship at Punj Lloyd (highway construction company)

Acknowledgments (I have got acknowledgments in 2 papers, I dont know will it be useful or not ?)

Applying to:

UC Davis

Penn State

Wisconsin

Washington University in St. Louis

Northwestern

Arizona State

• 1 month later...

I think you could have  tried  to atleast 2 top schools.  

Though ur overall gpa might be a problem, u have internships from IIM-A and good gre and stellar LORs (i hope   ;) ).  I would have quoted  majore GPA  too if i where you. Research exp will be def helpful to boost ur chances. If you had prepared impressive sop, u might have a chance at top schools.

Funding might be a problem for the first sem atleast. 

it's good to know there are civil engineers(especially structural) on this site. lots of EEs and BMEs drown out the posts under engineering. it's been frustrating to feel lonely here.

btw i think GREs are not very useful for engineering since we all get above 780 in quants. i suspect it comes down to LORs and GPAs.

There has been a lack of civil engineering discussion on this board, I hope this thread will band everyone together! to the poster, I think you have an excellent chance of getting admission from all the schools you mentioned. hopefully schools can send out results faster, like Northwestern USC or UIUC!