Weird transcript issue. Need guidance

captiv8ed

I mailed in the forms for all my transcripts about a month ago.

I got a letter from the University of Washington today saying the hadn't received two of them. One isthe local community college. I had emailed the person at Indiana about something else and had received a reply, so I shot her another email to ask if she had received all my transcripts. She is missing the same two.

I went over to the local CC. They were able to tell me they mailed UW's on the 20th of November. The only thing her screen showed was out of state for the others, so she couldn't tell me if they had sent one to Indiana or not.

So, how weird is this? Two schools' transcripts are missing at two schools. One shows it has been shipped. It is so weird.

So, how would you handle this? I am planning to write the grad schools and ask each one if they have received them, and then what?? Do I just keep on the schools and ask them to resend?

Why bother writing the grad schools to ask if the transcripts have been received? Why not call? Much faster that way. I've called each school at least once to ask if they've received everything and everyone's been very friendly and helpful. As for the missing transcripts, I'd ask the two schools to resend them, but they may force you to re-order (and re-pay). At this stage of the game, I wouldn't waste too much time or effort trying to convince them they made a mistake and should resend them for free- just do whatever it takes to get the transcripts there as quickly as possible.

It could just be the mail- I've had several pieces of mail come late, or two that were sent on the same day from the same address to the same address show up at completely separate times within the last month. Definitely contact the other schools involved, and if there's still a problem I would try to see what can be done about resending them.

YAY! I read through the maiden name thread and emailed the grad secretary at Indiana back. She found the transcript that is listed under my maiden name, and she found the other missing one, that is under my married name but was also missing.

While I was typing this, I just got an email from UW, and they foudn my maiden name one but not the other one. The good news is that the missing one is from a school that sends transcripts for free.

YAY! I read through the maiden name thread and emailed the grad secretary at Indiana back. She found the transcript that is listed under my maiden name, and she found the other missing one, that is under my married name but was also missing.

While I was typing this, I just got an email from UW, and they foudn my maiden name one but not the other one. The good news is that the missing one is from a school that sends transcripts for free.

Why do they bother having that box that says "have you gone by any other name?" if they're not going to check it! Good grief. Glad it worked out for you.

Why do they bother having that box that says "have you gone by any other name?" if they're not going to check it! Good grief. Glad it worked out for you.

Yep! I had wondered that exact thing - lame!