Registrar's offices closing way early

LateAntique

So I took some classes at a community college when I first graduated HS because I had no idea what I wanted to do. Some of those courses transferred when I went to a 4 year university so I naturally have to include their transcript. I called the other day to order some transcripts for schools with January 1st deadlines. This school's office is closed from December 18th-Jan 4th! That's an unbelievable break! At any rate, this is obviously messing with getting everything in on time. I'm not too worried about it considering this is just a minor transcript from years ago and the universities already have my main transcript from the 4 year from which I'm graduating in May. I figure if I can get the transcripts there by the 8th, I'll be okay. Still - I'm just amazed that schools would have such a long break in their registrar's office when it's the season of grad applications.

Yeah, colleges should think about us that are applying to grad school and wait until we are ready for them to close! My university's offices are closed from Dec 22-Jan 1 and my community college's offices are closed from Dec 18-Jan 1 (which is really the 4th b/c the 1st is a Friday). I called my community college last Friday to see what time they closed for the day so I could get my transcripts and they said 1:00 pm and wouldn't be opening back up until next year! And I was calling at 12:10 living 35 minutes away! Regardless, I got there with 5 minutes to spare...thank goodness!

Yeah, colleges should think about us that are applying to grad school and wait until we are ready for them to close! My university's offices are closed from Dec 22-Jan 1 and my community college's offices are closed from Dec 18-Jan 1 (which is really the 4th b/c the 1st is a Friday). I called my community college last Friday to see what time they closed for the day so I could get my transcripts and they said 1:00 pm and wouldn't be opening back up until next year! And I was calling at 12:10 living 35 minutes away! Regardless, I got there with 5 minutes to spare...thank goodness!

That's crazy!! I can understand being closed on the holidays, but why would you shut down for that whole time?

An update: I got an email from one of the schools to which I'm sending this round of transcripts and they said they will be taking stuff an entire week after the 4th since they too will be taking time off. It warms my heart to see universities operating with this level of sensibility.

An update: I got an email from one of the schools to which I'm sending this round of transcripts and they said they will be taking stuff an entire week after the 4th since they too will be taking time off. It warms my heart to see universities operating with this level of sensibility.

Haha, good stuff!