Chances of getting into grad school

helenaaa

Question

Hi all,

I am currently a Junior pursuing my Bachelors degree in Communicative Science and Disorder (CSD). My overall GPA is 3.3, which I know is really low compared to others who are applying to SLP grad programs but part of why my overall GPA was so low is because I was a different major and decided to switch to CSD last semester. I have volunteering experiences at a hospital for an year doing some basic paperwork and assisting patients during their recovery, worked at a lab as a research assistant and have some tutoring experiences. I have not yet taken the GREs but planning on taking it later this year and then again during the summer of 2017. My dream grad schools to get into are University of Washington, NYU, Columbia (Teacher College), and MGH. I know my chances of getting into these schools aren't high but I still want to give it a shot and apply. I'm open to any suggests that you think I would need to work before I apply. Thanks in advance!

Edited by helenaaa

1 answer to this question