GRE Subject test for English Lit

cool cat

Can someone suggest the best way of preparing for the GRE's? I am going to sign up with Magoosh, but has anyone also used Manhappten Prep? I am in English, so need a perfect verbal score. 

On the general exam:

Magoosh is probably the most commonly used online resource. There's also PowerPrep from GRE.

As a side note: No Englishprograms  expect a perfect score on your verbal section.

On the English Literature exam:

A perfect score is even less important. Programs that state a preference state a preference from the 60th (Austin) to 75th (Illinois) percentile.

The Norton Anthologies are probably your best resource for this. There's also HAPAX LEGOMENA: GRE Literature Test Preparation on UCLA's website.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Powerscore GRE verbal Reasoning Bible? It looks good, but I have not heard anything about it. Please advise. I am doing Magoosh, should I also use Kaplan? I mean the whole course it costs a fortune, but is it well worth it or is Magoosh enough with Manhatten prep resources? Thanks

Thank you so much for replying. I bought a number of resources such as Manhatten's verbal books, ETS GRE, but I was going to enroll in Kaplan 1200 dollar program for which money is scarce and the benefits from what I have heard not that great. So I am going to self study just finished my MA in English and am now getting to this. The reading is slow very slow I have not even finished one anthology yet, but I was busy with my thesis all this time. I will finish it, but have been stressing out on time. The exam is on October 29th. The other general I am still studying for. I am using Magoosh but want to know if anyone has used the PowerScore Bible for verbal? Thanks

...I hope you're not reading the anthology cover to cover. Skimming the anthologies for the basic ideas of authors should do the trick. You mostly just need to be able to recognize who wrote what based on what's provided. The writing style and era should be a major clue on who wrote what.