Starr King School for the Ministry

scalesfeathersclaws

Don't know much about the school itself, but a major selling point for Starr King is its affiliation with the Graduate Theological Union, which would allow you to take courses at any of the 9 schools in the GTU.

As Rabbit Run noted, the real perk of any school within the GTU is being able to take courses across schools and the ecumenical work being done there.

That said, all I personally know about Starr King is that it's a UU school so if that fits your theological persuasion, go for it.

Hartford has the option for students to complete 1-2 years in an MA and then transfer to Yale Div. - so there's that backdoor in.

Is GTU only a collection of schools or is there also a GTU GTU? i.e. i.e. is there a standalone GTU campus or just the member school campuses? I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Averroes MD

5 hours ago, Averroes MD said:

Is GTU only a collection of schools or is there also a GTU GTU? i.e. i.e. is there a standalone GTU campus or just the member school campuses? I hope that makes sense.

In my understanding is that yes they are separate schools, but the GTU itself grants certain degrees as its own entity (the Ph.D. and an M.A. I believe). The GTU does not have a campus separate from the schools that compose the GTU. Hopefully someone from GTU can correct me if I got any of that wrong.